2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:
Nothing but smiles
By one4gooddeals on 03/29/14 21:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my EL in 2010 with 36000 miles on it and have loved it ever since. Better fuel mileage than my 03 Pilot. Purchased it so we could by a travel trailer, pulls it like a dream. This is my first Ford and I have been very happy. Never short on power, best ride of any vehicle I've owned, great look, wonderful features. Have about 70,000 miles on it now, hoping to get another 130k plus.

Fuel Pump issues
By davep333 on 08/02/13 03:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I broke down 3.5 wks ago and it was determined I need a new fuel pump. Apparently, according to the Reg Mgr at Ford, they are having Supply Chain issues and they have NO replacement fuel pumps at this time anywhere in the country. They have an Emergancy order set up for me but I am being told it probably won't be in until sometime in Sept. Can you imagine being told you can't use your car for over 2 months because Ford didn't monitor their inventory properly? They blame it on he suppliers but something was completely mismanaged here. This isn't an old car and this is a common part. I'm not sure if they had a rush of defects at once or this is how it is going to be for any part I need.

Best SUV ,period
By groovyvwroutan on 09/03/11 12:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 14 SUVs and this is the best product to date. American Ford V8 durability with generous cargo hauler and timeless style.

Window Regulator Problems
By JRWKILLEEN on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the third Ford vehicle in eight years that has had broken window regulators. In the latest, two regulators broke on both front windows on my 2007 Expedition two weeks apart.

Love my Expedition
By CCL on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My Ford Expedition has been a great vehicle, road trips are a breeze. Plenty of room, for tall people such as ourselves the leg room and roomy seating makes a huge difference. I was surprised to find that the gas mileage was more than we expected. We get 22 to 24 mpg on the highway, and 16 to 18 in the city. That is pretty good for a large SUV! I hate to sell it but, the payment is just to much in this economy!

Vehicle Not Fit for Towing.
By JRWTexas on 07/20/10 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

When attempting to go forward or reverse on an incline, the vehicle will intermittently not respond to the gas pedal. Sometimes it surges and stops. When I pull the boat trailer up the launch ramp, I have to stop the engine and start it again for the vehicle to respond. Ford dealer (now out of business) could not find the problem. Now that the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford is not interested. All they could do is to make an appointment with a dealer at my cost. Ford states that the records are no longer available since the dealer is out of business. I bought this as a tow vehicle, however I will no longer tow due to safety issues. Ford has no customer service at all!

Holding up great
By Perry III on 11/19/09 21:15 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the second review we've written. We haul 3 teenage boys,a 20 foot ski boat, and all kinds of other things. We live on a very windy two lane way out in the sticks. This vehicle experiences ice storms in the winter and monsoons in the summer. It has impeccable road manners in all driving conditions. We have 80,000 miles on "the beast." This is A very safe vehicle in all respects. I would highly recommend this one over all its competitors. It's a shame it came along when these types of vehicles are going by the way side. The fuel economy is actually decent (18 MPG on the open road) for such a large and heavy machine. It's also very comfortable and has proven itself reliable.

Best car I've ever owned
By Jimmy on 11/13/09 07:47 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

A great car -- incredibly versatile. Use it for hauling kids, furniture, etc. or just for trips. A wonderful ride. Fuel economy a surprise. At 65 mph, I was able to get 22 mpg for a 200 mile drive -- due in part to the 6 speed transmission.

My AWSOME Expedition
By Linda on 08/10/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I drive a considerable amount of miles per year. This car has been the best and most reliable suv I have ever owned. I would buy a new one without a second thought. Ford really got this one right.

Brake Problems
By hollando on 08/05/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Expedition. My first was a 2000 model. This vehicle is comfortable to drive, gets decent gas mileage (about 18 mph life of vehicle average) and is great for transporting people and cargo. But at 36,900 miles the front right brake locked up and got super hot. The dealership can't explain what caused the problem. And it is 900 miles out of warranty. This problem hasn't been resolved yet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.