Used 2007 Ford Expedition EL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Expedition EL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:

Nothing but smiles
By one4gooddeals

2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my EL in 2010 with 36000 miles on it and have loved it ever since. Better fuel mileage than my 03 Pilot. Purchased it so we could by a travel trailer, pulls it like a dream. This is my first Ford and I have been very happy. Never short on power, best ride of any vehicle I've owned, great look, wonderful features. Have about 70,000 miles on it now, hoping to get another 130k plus.

4 wheel independent suspension, surprisingly good fuel economy, fold flat seats.

The one thing I miss with my GM is the tow mode tranny. Seems like the Ford just cuts off gears 5 and 6 and says tow away. The GM actually changes shift points and manages the towing. If the suburban would come with a duramax or at least the Allison tranny, I'd consider a trip back to GM.

Fuel Pump issues
By davep333

2007 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I broke down 3.5 wks ago and it was determined I need a new fuel pump. Apparently, according to the Reg Mgr at Ford, they are having Supply Chain issues and they have NO replacement fuel pumps at this time anywhere in the country. They have an Emergancy order set up for me but I am being told it probably won't be in until sometime in Sept. Can you imagine being told you can't use your car for over 2 months because Ford didn't monitor their inventory properly? They blame it on he suppliers but something was completely mismanaged here. This isn't an old car and this is a common part. I'm not sure if they had a rush of defects at once or this is how it is going to be for any part I need.

I have 4 kids and a dog and we travel every weekend in the summer. This car was purchased to haul our family and all our gear and up until my recent issue I loved it. I also have a 2004 (not EL) that we had good luck with. I was planning on upgrading to a newer Expedition but was waiting for the new design to be released (hearing 2014). After the way Ford has handled the most recent fuel pump issue I plan on being FORD free soon. The Expedition was roughly 1K over the extended warranty I had purchased and they won't give me a loaner/rental. Apparently they think it is OK for me to pay for a rental for over 2 months due to their Supply Chain issues.

Ford needs to understand that doing the right thing will pay off in the long run. Telling me that they have no obligation to me because I am slightly out of warranty is wrong especially since I told them I would buy a new Expedition EL when it comes out. How can they think that it is ok for anyone to have to rent a car for over 2 months because they have acknowledged inventory problems? I want to be loyal to them but the way they have handled this issue I will NEVER own Ford again.

Best SUV ,period
By groovyvwroutan

2007 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 14 SUVs and this is the best product to date. American Ford V8 durability with generous cargo hauler and timeless style.

Ride quality. Power to weight ratio. Features and lay -out.

6 speed is smooth. When you change battery the tranny reprogramming is a issue to overcome. Most dealer service mangers do NOT understand. I researched Expy club website and found solution.

Window Regulator Problems
By JRWKILLEEN

2007 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the third Ford vehicle in eight years that has had broken window regulators. In the latest, two regulators broke on both front windows on my 2007 Expedition two weeks apart.

Ride quality; handling; interior room.

Fix the problems with the window regulators that seem to be an anomaly with Ford vehicles.

Love my Expedition
By CCL

2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My Ford Expedition has been a great vehicle, road trips are a breeze. Plenty of room, for tall people such as ourselves the leg room and roomy seating makes a huge difference. I was surprised to find that the gas mileage was more than we expected. We get 22 to 24 mpg on the highway, and 16 to 18 in the city. That is pretty good for a large SUV! I hate to sell it but, the payment is just to much in this economy!

Heated leather seats, cooled leather seats, sunroof so nice! Roomy, spacious cabin with a nice sound system.

My suggestion is to increase the mileage and not use so much plastic on the interior and exterior. Price could use and overhaul also! Otherwise enjoy driving it!