The Diesel is Awesome! Great SUV.
By Chris on
2005 Ford Excursion XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)
This SUV is AWESOME! I am getting 16- 17MPG in city and 21-24mpg hwy. With a 6500lb SUV with 325hp and 560lb torque This beast is quicker than my V6 Mitsu Car and is getting within 2mpg fuel economy on the hwy. Much better choice than my minivan for my 3 kids. Twin girls load easy behind the driver on the 60% bench while letting me flip up and load my 3yr old son in the 3rd row. This leaves PLENTY of room for 3 more adults in back. There is tons of room for the double stroller and luggage behind the 3rd row WOW! Ford is ending production in SEPT replacing it with a '07 stretched Expedition. Get one before they are gone. With Family Plan Pricing a Limited Diesel 2-5K under invoice.
Favorite Features
Diesel Engine. This 6.0ltr is more fuel efficient, quieter and has tons more power than the 7.3 used thru '02. New 5 speed auto trans works great. Tow-haul mode will downshift for you on hills using engine breaking. This is a ULEV passing CA new '05 emissions standards so feel good driving it!
Suggested Improvements
Maybe OnStar. A master switch to turn off the interior lights. An included Active alarm. It has the PassKey system so you can't start it without the Key, but the Ford alarm module that conviently plugs in by the dealer, will cost you $3-400 dollars. Hummmm?