2005 Ford Excursion 5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fun to drive beauty to

2005 Ford Excursion - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Fun to drive beauty to own!
By John on

2005 Ford Excursion XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

With four kids, and a wife, we needed the room. With the Ford Excursion you have room. Not only room for us but throw a few more folks in with you. Storage behind the third seat is really good. Power, this baby has it. I sit high while driving and I like that also. As for the gas, well when you buy a vehicle like this, you ain't buying it for the gas mileage. But on the road it's not that bad, I get a little over 16 mpg. The family went from Pensacola FL to Cartersville GA, and ran all over town before we needed to gas up; that was great! Room for all, comfort, and a nice secure feeling makes the Ford Excursion a great to own, fun to drive SUV. I love my Excursion, and have zero complaints.

Favorite Features

Interior room is big, great rear storage. From the glove box to the center console room, room, and more room! Seating for all is comfortable. Tons of torque you can feel. Drives and handles great, nice big fuel tank for long trips, all around good SUV.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure I could come up with maybe one, but for right now, let's leave the Excursion as she is!