2005 Ford Excursion Consumer Review: Ford job two

2005 Ford Excursion - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Ford job two
By charles on

2005 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I like the exterior modifications and the positive acceleration for the 2005 lineup. The ride and handling characteristic take awhile to get used to. I really don't like the extra swaying of the vehicle; maybe a heavier duty shock needs to be used at all corners. The now standard Pirelli tires really helped me decide to get the vehicle. It made me think that Ford really wants the best for its customer.

I really like the feeling of being able to see almost all around the vehicle from the drivers seat. Another favorite is the dual A/C system. When its 110 in the shade, this system really cools it down fast. The vehicle really adds to its looks with the enhanced grill and new headlight arrangement.

For something this expensive I expected a better interior and a little better handling suspension. The rear axle really deflects when going over bumps. The addition of 2" blocks on the rear might be causing this feel. The blocks were added by FORD to level the vehicle out.