Family of 6 Riding High
By Family of 6 S. Kee on
2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)
I am 110% happy with my suv; it has exceeded all of my expectations. I love the power my truck brings with it. I got stuck in the snow 15 times last winter when I drove my minivan & now I have the power of my V10 engine and 4wd. My gas mileage is comparable to my old minivan. I had to use 93 octane for the van so I can use 87 octane for my suv. I don't see much difference. I can fit my 4 children, 2 Labradors and husband in my suv very comfortably. It is by far better than the Suburban and Yukon XL. I looked and drove both before my purchase. I like Fords and was happy to fine the mammoth in Ford's line up. it's too bad they won't make them anymore. It's easy to drive and park, smooth and comfy.
Favorite Features
6 disc CD, 2nd row captains chair, DVD player. Easy access to 3rd row, SPACE for 4 children. Kids play their video games on trips. Watching movies easy on ears with wireless earphones. Backup sensor is excellent. 4wd -- I love it. Adjustable pedals, tinted review mirror. Compass, gas mileage read out is great.
Suggested Improvements
Keep making them. Head rest for 3rd row.