2005 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
We love it!
By Kent on 02/12/05 11:55 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We don't tow but carry larger loads and the space is amazing. But, it's the comfort we enjoy. The SUV is so fun to drive and the Powerstroke 6.0L diesel has to be driven to be believed. The acceleration is like a big V8 but we are getting 18 mpg on the highway--and only have 6,500 miles. I feel my wife is VERY safe in the vehicle and long trips are a dream for my whole family. We have the DVD player which is truly fun for our two boys on trips. Looks large, drives like an Explorer.

Ford Excursion Diesel. King of the Road.
By rob on 02/08/05 07:15 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The Ford Excursion diesel is one of the nicest large SUV's I have ever driven, great fuel mileage, roomy, handles well, great in the snow. What more can you ask for?

Love my SUV
By Cindi on 01/05/05 22:52 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This SUV gave me the luxury to hold passengers and cargo and not lose the comfort and ease of either. I have found the Excursion easier to drive then I expected for a truck this size. I love carrying my entire family and their gear!

The best SUV on the Market!!
By Excursion on 01/05/05 17:26 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I love my car (truck). it drives excellent; the room is well worth the money and the backing up signal has made even the tightest spots feel like large ones. Also my truck turns on a dime. I was almost killed in my Honda Accord and my husband wanted to put me and our 3 kids into something safe. I can almost take on the world with comfort, style and reliablility it has been worth every penny. I do get 21 mpg in my 7.3 diesel Eddie Bauer.

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned!
By r. wiehe on 01/05/05 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I know it's big. I know I only get from 13-14 MPG. I know what writers say. BUT .... we think this vehicle is the greatest platform to see the USA that could be built. It rides great. Pulls my 28' Airstream over any mountain in the continent. Both of us love to drive it. Takes more room to park, but when you get used to it you forget about that. It's also our third V-10. Couldn't be happier! Ford's nuts if they quit making this package that the people that own it like.

The right motor for the right SUV
By Tom Davis on 01/02/05 22:12 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The best bang for the buck imaginable. Sits tall on the road but has the power to get you out of a tight spot when it is needed. Fuel economy better than I first thought it would be. Easy handling in tight turns. The accelerator takes some adjusting to but the shifting points make getting into high traffic areas a breeze. Tried both engines the V10 and the Diesel. Hands down favorite is the diesel.

Excursion
By curt on 01/01/05 23:20 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Only vehicle that can carry a large payload and people as well. Handles very well, good interior features, does not drive like a truck - much more smoother. Has plenty of power unlike what many have said cruises up a grade no problem fully loaded, Escalade is too small and gimmicky in comparison enormous Cadillac emblem on back door goofy unusable gadgets etc.

04 EXCURSION
By EMAGEE7132 on 12/08/04 15:57 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

PERFECT TOW VEHICLE AND PEOPLE HAULER TURNS SHARP FOR LARGE VEHICLE AVG 22 MPG HWY 16 CITY SOLO 14 WITH 32 FOOT CAMPER IN TOW. PERFORMANCE IS WOW!NEVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF TOWING WITH A VEHICLE LIKE THIS. ENGINE AND TRANS WORK TO PROVIDE BRAKING. HARDLY HAVE TO USE BRAKES TO STOP IN TOW MODE. ALTHOUGH I KNOW ITS NOT FOR EVERYONE PUT IN ITS PLACE TO DO THE JOB IT WAS DESIGNED TO DO NO SUV COMPARES THE DIESEL MAKES IT AS ECONOMICAL AS MOST MID SIZED CARS AND IT TOWS HAULS LOTS OF PEOPLE A CARGO FOR SAME FUEL USE RIDE IS GOOD YOU MUST REMEMBER IT IS FIRST AND FOREMOST A TRUCK.

user
By Everyday User on 12/04/04 13:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Excellent, reliable, great towing, a must is diesel, we get 17.3 avg. for a very heavy vehicle with 9200 GVW. Had GM, Expedition,and Excursion is the best. Good ride on long cross country trips, and more comfortable seats than our Navigator which Excur. replaced. This is our only vehicle & wife is 5'4"and has no troubles.

The best damm SUV made
By Jesse james on 11/17/04 15:42 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I love my ford....