Used 2005 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Fun to drive beauty to own!
By John

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

With four kids, and a wife, we needed the room. With the Ford Excursion you have room. Not only room for us but throw a few more folks in with you. Storage behind the third seat is really good. Power, this baby has it. I sit high while driving and I like that also. As for the gas, well when you buy a vehicle like this, you ain't buying it for the gas mileage. But on the road it's not that bad, I get a little over 16 mpg. The family went from Pensacola FL to Cartersville GA, and ran all over town before we needed to gas up; that was great! Room for all, comfort, and a nice secure feeling makes the Ford Excursion a great to own, fun to drive SUV. I love my Excursion, and have zero complaints.

Interior room is big, great rear storage. From the glove box to the center console room, room, and more room! Seating for all is comfortable. Tons of torque you can feel. Drives and handles great, nice big fuel tank for long trips, all around good SUV.

I'm sure I could come up with maybe one, but for right now, let's leave the Excursion as she is!

Biggest Toughest SUV Out There
By Excursion

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall the full 10; never had a problem. Always performs best even in harsh conditions . Always comfortable; great power and torque provide amazing towing abilities. You will always be safe while in the Ford Excursion. Distinctive yet attractive look.

Eveything but especially DVD entertainment system.

Less tough on outside; more luxury.

Why Didn't We Do This Sooner?
By oldmanriver

2005 Ford Excursion SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Surveys tend to indicate that virtually all SUV owners wish they had more room. It was this logic that led us to the purchase of the 2005 Excursion - sporting restyling features that put it over the top for irresistibility. Once you easily adapt your driving habits to accommodate the characteristics of the Excursion, you will never look back. It's a very social vehicle that lets passengers get comfortable and enjoy being together. Out of nowhere, amidst the line of mostly GM SUVs at her school during dismissal, my young daughter proclaimed: "I carry pride for that grill!". They ought to use that slogan in a Ford TV commercial.

Exceptional paint finish; remarkable seating comfort & large window visibility; incredibly good premium CD sound system (a huge and pleasant surprise!); tri-gate rear door arrangement, cargo flexibility; super shiny alloy wheels; plus well-engineered dual a/c units.

The XLS is a best buy when it comes to the wide array of standard features - but it would have been nice to have factory-installed fog lights, too. This would add a little more panache to a great new front fascia treatment (sporting the new jewel-effect headlights, updated grill and chrome bumper).

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned!
By r. wiehe

2005 Ford Excursion SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I know it's big. I know I only get from
13-14 MPG. I know what writers say.
BUT .... we think this vehicle is
the greatest platform to see the USA
that could be built.
It rides great. Pulls my 28' Airstream
over any mountain in the continent.
Both of us love to drive it. Takes more
room to park, but when you get used to
it you forget about that. It's also our
third V-10. Couldn't be happier!
Ford's nuts if they quit making this
package that the people that own it like.

Size. Looks. Pulling power. Ride.

Keep making it. Don't mess this anything!

Excursion
By curt

2005 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Only vehicle that can carry a large
payload and people as well. Handles
very well, good interior features, does
not drive like a truck - much more
smoother. Has plenty of power unlike
what many have said cruises up a grade
no problem fully loaded, Escalade is
too small and gimmicky in comparison
enormous Cadillac emblem on back door
goofy unusable gadgets etc.

All the above