Used 2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Excursion
By eugene

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Overall super satisfied. We have the 6.0 diesel which makes this large vehicle not only comfortable but efficient. Getting 18.5 average which is better than our minivan or either of our Jeeps. we use it to tow a 30 foot travel trailer which it does with ease. Went from Maryland to Knoxville Tenn. on one tank with trailer in tow at traffic speeds. Much better than my old 460 Ford - three times as much fuel to go same place.

Favorite Features

Power, economy for size. We need this size vehicle for our family all to go in one car.

Suggested Improvements

Interior trim quality could be improved to match 50k price tag.

Very disappointed
By Cheryl

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I've been through two of them. One returned for the lemon law and now I'm on the second one. I've had it 10 months and the transmission went out. I'm very upset about this.

Favorite Features

It is a nice big and safe car I think. Beautiful interior.

Suggested Improvements

Worry free engine.

Please, don't stop making the Excursion!
By Billy Speer

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased a 2001 Ford Excusion for our ministry pulling a trailer and averaged 40,000 miles a year, This is the best heavy duty and enjoyable vehicle we have owned, I couldn't wait to trade up to the 2005 Excursion. It's one of the most dependable, hardworking, vehicles we've ever used. Please, don't stop making the Ford Excursion! I'm a big person and it fits me just right. It has all the options a person could want, and the speaker system is fabulous. If you want to haul anything, this is the SUV you want, and we are getting better miles a gallon than before with more power! Wow! don't know what I do with it, thanks Ford!

Favorite Features

The new diesel engine 6.0 with all its power, new pedal adjustments for brake and accelerator, new adjustments for power seats for pilot and co-pilot with presets for the driver's seat for his and hers. I like all the controls on the steering wheel, radio, air-temp, and fan, as well as cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Wider seats for all the bucket seats for comfort for those long hauls, I think Ford did a fantastic job with the new Excursion, just hate to lose after all this work and imagination for those of us on the road.

Great Truck
By David

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Solid, very fast, great diesel mileage. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Great for family trips.

Favorite Features

Cargo room, plenty of seats, lots of leg room for a big driver.

Excursion
By alles

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Overall an exceptional buy. Paid $6,000 under MSRP. Fuel economy in first 400 miles is 18 MPG combined city & highway. Ride, despite other's criticism, is much better than the pickup trucks I have owned in the past. Not quite as good as my Expedition but overall a good ride. Length of the vehicle is the same as a pickup truck with a long bed and regular cab. Fits in my garage with an Expedition just fine. It also gets 3 miles a gallon better mileage than my Expedition.