2005 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
2005 Excursion
By Heather Coker on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is my 2nd Excursion (1st is a 2002). We travel extensivly and the leg room and width of the interior is excellent. I also use it for towing and even with a fully loaded trailer, the power is still there. I can climb a mountain (the Blue Ridge's) at 75mph with no problem. Because I mostly use it on the highway/interstates my gas mileage is fairly high, averaging around 17.5-20.00mpg per tank. In town driving I usually get 14.5-15.5mpg. I first chose the Excursion for the interior room. The cargo space far outpaces that of the Suburban/Yukon and the Expedition. The price is also much better than its competitors and the quality of the materials used is much better.

THE BIG KAHUNA
By RICK CASTRO on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We purhcased a 2002 Excursion, and sold it a year later for the smaller Expedition. BIG MISTAKE. In 2004, we traded in the Expedition for another Excursion, this time with 6.0 litre diesel. Mileage is no longer an issue, as we get about 17-19 miles to the gallon on the highway, and about 13-15 in the city. We can tow anything and go anywhere with it The 4-wheel on the fly system is great, and we now have plenty of room for our 3 kids, their friends, and of course our dog Savannah. THANKS FORD!!!!!!

A Real Truck
By e350v10 on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

After towing a 6,000 lb travel trailer for 3,000 miles with a Lincoln Aviator, I decided it was time for a real truck. The Powerstroke (Intl) diesel is getting 22MPG highway, 14.5 with the trailer - as compared to 14 and 7.5 with the Aviator. A HUGE difference - plus diesel is cheaper than premium. The 44 gallon tank gives us an 800 mile range, while the Aviator had a 180 mile range. The Limited has the same options as the Aviator, except for the cooled seats and navigation. The space is fabulous and although the size takes getting used to, it isn't that big if a deal. I put an $1800 Banks Six Gun PowerPack on it that boosts the HP to 500 and torque to 800 - amazing power