Used 2005 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Excursion

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Awesome
By Sharon Adams

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have gotten up to 22 miles per gallon hwy and it's not even broken in yet. The Excursion is everything I need or could ever what in an SUV. I'm saddened Ford is not going to make them anymore!

Favorite Features

I love everything about the Excursion! Can't name one certain item!

Suggested Improvements

NONE!

Not such a fuel hog
By Ron Mason

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I was surprised to get 16 mpg - much better than my Jeep Wrangler. I've driven similar trucks and usually got around 9 or 10 mpg. I'm really impressed with the power of the 6.0 diesel - it definitely outperforms the older 7.3.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, sound and DVD system, available turbo diesel and 4WD.

Suggested Improvements

Was never offered in a King Ranch package - although I hear Ford may be producing a longer version of the Expedition in the future to replace the discontinued Excursion.

V10, RWD, Gas, all good
By Emi L.

2005 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this truck. I opted for gas over diesel and after driving it the V-8 seemed nothing short of gutless and wasn't even an option. I can't say I pay a lot of attention to the gas mileage but it seems to be decent for the vehicle size and the power ... yeowww, finally a beast of a vehicle that can get out of its own way. I love it. Maneuvers great, smooth ride & all in all I think a great riding vehicle. I definitely prefer driving it over my 350z. Not very difficult to find parking, can get it in any spot I can fit my Chevy truck into.

Favorite Features

The room! Considering I am the kinda girl who has to take 10 pairs of shoes for an overnight trip, the space in this baby rocks for the frequent road trips I make across state. Dogs, couple of teenagers, everyone has a plenty of space. Nice to be able to get everyone in with no hassle.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior fabric. I got cloth interior since my dogs are frequent passengers. Itchy on the skin.

Excursion
By Eddie

2005 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Enjoy this truck a lot. Plenty of space and power for towing and love the big tank!

Favorite Features

Power for towing and diesel mileage.

Suggested Improvements

3rd seat should fold into cargo floor. Need more comfortable seats.

V10 Gas or Diesel?
By appoloosa

2005 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We love our Excursion, even nick-named it "Haus" since this gentle giant has served us well. Pulls a horse trailer with ease and on those occasions when you need to rent "real" toys like a 21' boom lift or a backhoe, you better not show up in a Toyota, they'll laugh you out of the place. Go home son and bring back a real truck 3/4 ton or better you'll be hearing as you slink out of the parking lot. We have a real issue over all the hoopla about the Powerstroke diesel and all the negatives about the V-10 sucking up gas, which is definitely NOT the case, ours has always gotten 12-15 MPG city and gets better mileage loaded out than the Dodge Ram Pickup with a 318-V8, and no stinky $$ diesel fuel.

Favorite Features

We have lots of favorite features, mine is the high profile, sits up as high as a van, for easy view of what's out in front of you, big and roomy and can fit 8 "real adults" in comfort and your stuff. The rest of the family enjoys the great sounding 6 CD Player and the DVD player on long hauls.

Suggested Improvements

A light for the ashtray would be nice or is Ford trying to tell us something ...hmmmmm for $40,000. We want a light other than our Zippos!