2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Excursion XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
under rated
By delane on 11/11/04 22:25 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

great truck with a size unequalled. I looked at the H2 but found it to small. This truck rides great, and the engine is amazing. Had a 2001 diesel ltd. Yhis truck is night and day better.

2004 Excursion
By jmolnar on 11/11/04 16:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is a great family vehicle. I've been driving suburbans for 8 years and hesitated moving to the excursion. The additonal room has been great as our family has transitioned from toddlers to teenagers. The overall quality of this vehicle is exceptional and I like having the diesel engine. We like water sports and having the extra towing capacity has been great.

Big, Powerful and Beautiful
By captcapo on 11/11/04 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Large capacity SUV that is not for the timid. This is my second one with a diesel engine. Milage is about mid 17 on my comutes and about 19 on the highway. In Florida last year with no hills and 55 mph speed limit the milage went over 22 mpg. Not bad for GVW @ 9200 lbs. New diesel is quieter than 01 model year. For some reason the tree hugers don't like this one but that's because they haven't educated themselves to what this vechicle is all about. I may agree with the gas version but certainly not the diesel. Interior finish is good to excellent. It handles well considering its weight and height above the ground. Try one you will like it.

Best Truck
By Pmlsr on 11/11/04 14:48 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Great truck! We have owned two, both diesels. Used for towing large trailer up and down the east coast. Has power to spare even pulling up hill. I would buy a thrid one to save in the garage if I found out Ford was going to stop production.

SWEET
By GENE PHELPS on 11/11/04 08:56 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

LOOKS GOOD,RUNS GOOD WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

x
By Dragongate on 11/11/04 07:26 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Wonderful towing capabilities- you hardly know have something back there. We generally tow between 5000 and 9000 lbs. Quick response both when asking for speed and when asking for stopping. Comfortable for passengers and great cargo capacity both with all the seats in place and without. Fuel economy has been around 20mpg(diesel) which I don't think is bad for the size of the vehicle.

A real user
By Alaskmoose on 11/07/04 15:22 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The excursion is an SUV that can work like a truck and be a wonderful family auto at the same time. We have been able to tow heavy loads, and just use as an everyday rig.

Exellent
By Renegade Newl on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I carpool with another lady, and the kids love it too. Especially when we go shopping, there's room to put stuff. Also, I haul our boat, and my husbands rock buggy. When we take it our of town, the excursion is our hotel, we just sleep in it. I think, they shouldn't have took them off the line, but should have made only diesel ones available.

Bigger is better
By Tom Davis on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I was uncertain about making the jump to an Excursion so in 2003 I purchased a comperable Expedition. This year I was fortunate enough to find an Excursion at the very least compareable to my Expedition. The first thing I noticed was more interior room. The seat configuration makes sense. The steering is tighter I suspect because of the different suspension but I like the solid feel. Acceleration feels slugish at first but after a while you adapt to the Diesel performance. When the power is needed it only requires a deeper push oif the accelerator.

My Dream SUV
By Mom Of 4 CA on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I'm a mother of 4 small children. I have an expedition also but it just is not big enough for traveling with our two dogs. The Excursion fits all of us plus grandma and the dogs in the very back and bags in Thule box the roof. Lots Of Room for Everyone. YA! YA!