2005 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED
By Jill on 07/07/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This SUV fits my family of seven very comfortably plus my two dogs.

Ford job two
By charles on 06/28/05 04:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I like the exterior modifications and the positive acceleration for the 2005 lineup. The ride and handling characteristic take awhile to get used to. I really don't like the extra swaying of the vehicle; maybe a heavier duty shock needs to be used at all corners. The now standard Pirelli tires really helped me decide to get the vehicle. It made me think that Ford really wants the best for its customer.

Love these Trucks
By Patrick on 06/24/05 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

My 2004 is the second Excursion we have owned. We tow a 10,000 lb. trailer and it has no problem handling the trailer. We get 21 mpg on the interstate when not towing, and 11 mpg when towing. Factoring what we tow, 6 adults, and gear, we are getting fantastic mileage. Hope Ford continues to build this great truck.

Wouldn't trade it for the world
By toricat24 on 06/16/05 14:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Excursion! It has become a member of our family. I have the V-10 and, yes, it does drink gas; but it's a trade-off I'm willing to make for the performance and the LOOK of the truck. Gas is a cost of using any vehicle. It just costs more for the Excursion.

big man big truck
By rob on 06/12/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I'm 6'7 320 pounds. I had all the big trucks and this one is the best. I went from a Silverado to Escalade to a Ram and could not find comfort until I sat in the big dog; then i knew this was my truck and of course I always go top of the line. This just made the truck even better; you can say I'm a Ford man now!

Great Vehicle
By Tim on 06/10/05 08:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Has a lot of power; will last a long time. resale good.

Fun to drive beauty to own!
By John on 06/10/05 05:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

With four kids, and a wife, we needed the room. With the Ford Excursion you have room. Not only room for us but throw a few more folks in with you. Storage behind the third seat is really good. Power, this baby has it. I sit high while driving and I like that also. As for the gas, well when you buy a vehicle like this, you ain't buying it for the gas mileage. But on the road it's not that bad, I get a little over 16 mpg. The family went from Pensacola FL to Cartersville GA, and ran all over town before we needed to gas up; that was great! Room for all, comfort, and a nice secure feeling makes the Ford Excursion a great to own, fun to drive SUV. I love my Excursion, and have zero complaints.

A true Utility Vehicle
By Derek Roth on 05/25/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is the first vehicle that I've LOVED! It looks as nice today as when I bought it. It's the ONLY vehicle that suits our families needs. With 3 kids and a dog, there is room for the dog's crate, suitcases and we're NOT all sitting on top of one another. There are times when it's still not large enough. With the diesel I get 21.5 MPG at 60MPH! In addition, we also pull an 8000 lb. camper. The ride is incredibly smooth pulling the camper at 75 mph through Nevada on the way to California. It also starts with no problems in Minnesota's winters! My two teenagers AND my wife prefer to drive the Excursion over the Sable wagon, and have no problems with maneuverability.

Excursion Conversion
By Cary on 05/12/05 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We have had Suburbans and prefer the ride of the Excursion. We ordered our Excursion after my husband purchased his F-350 4 door. Both vehicles are diesel which you cannot get with the Suburbans. The mileage is as good, if not better than our previous vehicles.

Biggest Toughest SUV Out There
By Excursion on 05/07/05 01:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall the full 10; never had a problem. Always performs best even in harsh conditions . Always comfortable; great power and torque provide amazing towing abilities. You will always be safe while in the Ford Excursion. Distinctive yet attractive look.