2005 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Best SUV ever built
By Bruno on 09/26/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is by far the best truck we have ever owned. It will carry or drag anything you ask of it. We when though three hurricanes last year and this truck never missed a step. From dragging fallen trees out of the road to carrying building supplies, it never let us down. And when every one ran out of gas it was still easy to find diesel.

The Big Doodie
By SuperDogSteve on 09/08/05 21:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This truck is awesome! It has room for the whole family and the luggage too. The gas mileage of the 6.0L diesel is unbelievable. After comparing it to the competition, there was no comparison. The Excursion won hands down! You will not be sorry making this purchase.

Second one -- I love it!
By Steve Feintuch on 08/20/05 08:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Like some of the new features over my 2000. Transmission shifting is a little different and I'm trying to get used to it. Love the 6.0 Powerstroke.

We bit the bullet
By Family on The Go on 08/10/05 12:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Finally, our family of 6 has room to travel with book bags, lacrosse sticks, gym bags, basketball bags, and swim bags ... and no one loses an eye or gets stepped on while exiting the vehicle! My husband and I did not want to take on the gas mileage, and we did not want the noise of the diesel, so we hesitated about buying the Excursion. I wanted a Suburban. What convinced us? The value of Excursion over the Suburban and the Toyota Sienna that we considered. We got more for our money in cargo room, and a luxury interior, and the Excursion costs 400 less dollars per year to insure than the other. We wouldn't go back. We love our Excursion, and so do the kids!

Love my Excursion
By EXCMama on 07/29/05 22:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I lifted mine 3", added extra leafs, and 36" tires. It is very fun to drive once you have owned it a while. If you are used to a smaller car, and only drive it once, you will find it difficult to park. I live in the mountains, and the only thing I don't like is the power going up the mountain passes. I'm down to about 35mph by the time I hit the Eisenhower tunnel with my horse trailer ... but that's my fault for not going with the turbo diesel. This is definitely the most comfortable SUV to ride in on long trips. (We also own a Denali).

The Diesel is Awesome! Great SUV.
By Chris on 07/28/05 10:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This SUV is AWESOME! I am getting 16- 17MPG in city and 21-24mpg hwy. With a 6500lb SUV with 325hp and 560lb torque This beast is quicker than my V6 Mitsu Car and is getting within 2mpg fuel economy on the hwy. Much better choice than my minivan for my 3 kids. Twin girls load easy behind the driver on the 60% bench while letting me flip up and load my 3yr old son in the 3rd row. This leaves PLENTY of room for 3 more adults in back. There is tons of room for the double stroller and luggage behind the 3rd row WOW! Ford is ending production in SEPT replacing it with a '07 stretched Expedition. Get one before they are gone. With Family Plan Pricing a Limited Diesel 2-5K under invoice.

NOISY VEHICLE
By BOERNER on 07/24/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Noisy engine. Diesel engine noise same as '04 model year; no dampening material under hood to eliminate same noise. Factory will not correct the problem. Also pulling a 34 foot Airstream trailer the rear of the tow vehicle sags 2 inches low, making the connection look like it's dragging down in the middle at the hitch point.

Diesel is the only option
By JimM on 07/18/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

My diesel Excursion gets better mileage than my neighbor's Grand Cherokee and my other neighbor's Blazer and frankly, they are dumbfounded. They can't even begin to comprehend what it is like to be able to travel 800+ miles on a single tank of fuel. The idea of being able to tow their boat up to their lake home without having to stop for gas doesn't seem possible to them, because it isn't. One of the big 3 needs to continue producing a full-sized, diesel- powered SUV. Buy one of these trucks while you still can and make sure you buy a diesel. Will a diesel hold it's value? Try even finding a used diesel Excursion that has less than 100,000 miles on it and see how much the owner is asking.

I love it!
By Gina Rogowsky on 07/16/05 08:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I love this truck. Everyone says that it’s a big truck; it's not. I love sitting up so high. And diesel is the only way to go. I get 500 miles to a tank and it lasts me over a month. When we go to Rochester we don't have to stop for gas. And it's a 6 hour drive and 375 miles away from where I live. I have three kids, 3 year old and 3 month old twins, and let me tell you it’s better than a minivan. Way more room. I can put a double stroller and a single one in the trunk with my groceries. I can put 2 people on the third row seat with my 3 year old and 1 person in the back seat with my twins. So all together I can fit 8 people in my truck. I will never own anything else again.

Awesome Ride For Our Family
By SHAWNA on 07/09/05 08:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I love it. We only have two kids so far, but to go anywhere takes a lot of stuff and room for it. This can fit it all and lots more, especially for those long road trips. The diesel engine's performance is phenomenal. It is so powerful. Right now we are averaging about 16.5 mpg, and about 680 miles a tank. Not bad considering gas excursions get approximately 7-8 mpg. :-) I would suggest this car to anyone.