2005 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Ford Should Have Kept Making Them!
By The Bones on 09/07/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Last weekend took the family of 5 and the dog on a 1,500 mile trip. Extremely comfortable and got 15.5 mpg from the big V-10. BTW, the 2005 model is superior. Ford finally dialed it in this last yeer (2005). The climate controls, entertainment, ride and dependability have all been excellent. This one is a keeper!

Diesel SUV's are priceless
By lcstech on 05/23/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

While diesel fuel price is 50 cents higher than unleaded, the EB Excursion diesel still seats 8, pulls 11000lbs and gets an honest 24mpg highway. I wonder why the owners rate it high and the editors do not, both groups must not be rating it on the same scale.

Happy Excursion Owner
By Bruce Gary on 01/19/08 12:46 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I like the Excursion because it is comfortable to drive and it allows you to see over most other traffic. With the 6.0 Diesel it is an excellent tow vehicle. I only wish it got much better mileage. So far it has never let me down or stranded me somewhere. The A/C and the DVD system are two of its most used items. The 4 wheel drive comes in very handy on bi-annual shooting trips to the desert areas of Southern California. I sold a 1 year old Crown Vic Sport to purchase this Excursion and have been very happy everyday since. In the past I have usually purchased either Chevys or Dodges, but I am very glad I gave Ford a second look in 2006 and 2007.

No comparison
By BlackWidowDiesel on 10/11/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Believe it or not we traded in our 2004 BMW 745i for this beast, I also have a 2003 F350 Crewcab LB 4X4 Powerstroke and love it even though it has a rough ride, my wife wanted something more practical that we can use to tow our tow hauler. I did add most of the amenties the BMW had and then some, like DVD surround sound, Bluetooth hands free set up, Ipod adapter and Pioneer nav system. This thing rides plush and has tons of power. I had a Suburban for years and it was too soft for towing. Not to mention horrible torsion bar front suspension that had constant alignment problems and bad brakes. Sub also had fuelpump problems. This monster does it all in luxury and comfort with decent MPG-Diesel

Huge and beautiful
By Mike on 03/20/07 11:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I bought my Excursion a year ago and I never have a problem with it. Most important for me is that my kids love it. I wish they will continue to make them. Excursions are gorgeous and very comfortable.

Should of got the Suburban
By Dustin on 02/28/06 05:53 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Bought a brand new Excursion diesel. Transmission went out before 8000 miles; had to get a new transmission replaced (warranty covered); had power steering and brake problems. Radio and DVD player had to be replaced. it took them over 2 months to fix the radio, two weeks to fix the transmission. Spend 56k on this car, wouldn't expect these kinds of problem on a car of this price. Also, now having problems with the heater not working. Wife doesn't trust this car, so now it sits in my driveway collecting dust. Trade-in value not that great. Ford service is not great, always waiting.

Family of 6 Riding High
By Family of 6 S. Kee on 01/31/06 06:50 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I am 110% happy with my suv; it has exceeded all of my expectations. I love the power my truck brings with it. I got stuck in the snow 15 times last winter when I drove my minivan & now I have the power of my V10 engine and 4wd. My gas mileage is comparable to my old minivan. I had to use 93 octane for the van so I can use 87 octane for my suv. I don't see much difference. I can fit my 4 children, 2 Labradors and husband in my suv very comfortably. It is by far better than the Suburban and Yukon XL. I looked and drove both before my purchase. I like Fords and was happy to fine the mammoth in Ford's line up. it's too bad they won't make them anymore. It's easy to drive and park, smooth and comfy.

Fabulous Excursion
By Boris Pasche on 01/25/06 21:43 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I just traded a 2000 Lexus RX300 for a 2005 Ford Excursion 4WD Limited. We drove through a very serious blizzard a few days ago. The Excursion on 4WD is unbeatable: comfortable, safe, and very fun to drive. My kids loved watching DVDs in the middle of the blizzard. In term of cargo space, this car is a dream.

sixride
By Clinton on 12/18/05 20:04 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Very reliable suv. Strong towing capabilities. great stopping power. Only suv with enough interior rear storage for the luggage of the maximum number of riders. That's a plus when traveling long distances. Lots of cup holders for passengers and very comfortable seating. Access to rear seats is readily accessible as well.

V10, RWD, Gas, all good
By Emi L. on 11/06/05 02:05 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this truck. I opted for gas over diesel and after driving it the V-8 seemed nothing short of gutless and wasn't even an option. I can't say I pay a lot of attention to the gas mileage but it seems to be decent for the vehicle size and the power ... yeowww, finally a beast of a vehicle that can get out of its own way. I love it. Maneuvers great, smooth ride & all in all I think a great riding vehicle. I definitely prefer driving it over my 350z. Not very difficult to find parking, can get it in any spot I can fit my Chevy truck into.