Used 2005 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

nothing touches the excursion
By jackhart

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I traded in an '06 Tahoe at the end of my lease for a used '05 Excursion turbodiesel. It has more room for my kids, dogs and luggage, and the diesel option sealed the deal, since it can tow anything and gets better mileage than the gas version. If you need the room, nothing beats the Excursion. I am more than pleased with this vehicle, and even with 50K on the odometer, it still runs and looks like new. Too bad they don't make this truck anymore, because even a few years old, the truck is still a winner.

Turbodiesel engine, rear parking assist, driving height, two tone leather interior.

Bigger tires and rims. The stock ones look a little silly on a truck of this size.

Great Vehicle
By Tom

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is our second Excursion. First was a 2002. The first was so good I had to get a 2005 because Ford stopped making them. This is the best highway vehicle I ever had. Family vacations are wonderful. Plenty of room, comfortable and safe. We have driven thru some sizable storms and the stability of this beast is excellent. Performance in the snow and on dirt roads is flawless. This vehicle is so solid I hit a deer at 35mph and there was no damage to the car. There is simply no better or safer vehicle for my family. 90,000m on the 2002 without any significant repairs. 32,000 on the 2005 with no problems yet.

Safety. Reliability. Effortless highway driving. Lots of room for the family as well as friends.

Fuel economy is the only down side to this vehicle. However, I knew that was a trade off for the safety and space. I wish Ford still made these.

The Land Of The Free & Home Of The Beast
By ExcursionDiesel

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Don't know why this vehicle was discontinued. I would continue to by this car until I can't drive anymore. I got it for 18k because the dealership couldnt move it, 35k miles mint condition turbo diesel. Have put on 5k miles in 2 months and love it - diesel could be cheaper. Very comfortable, great visibility and overall very safe. Mileage can be better and diesel requires some extra care like plugging in at night when it's cold and $200 oil changes (15q) but like I said I would buy many more. Hate Ford love the Excursion and we are 3 people in total and have all the space and comfort in the world, as well as room to pick up my 7 siblings when they fly in for a weekend rain, snow, or shine.

Safety, comfort, ease of operation, view of traffic, diesel noise putting my family to sleep on long hauls. Can't find much fault and regardless of fault would buy more.

Better mileage, cheaper diesel fuel and massaging captains chairs.

Little RV
By Living Big

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Our Excursion is our road trip king. There isn't anywhere we wouldn't take our Excursion. Whether we're trekking across the country on vacations or running around town, this is our vehicle of choice. With room for everything and the kitchen sink, no one and nothing gets left behind. We love the captain's chairs second row seats and the full cargo space. This SUV has everything and goes everywhere. Our Midwestern winters are non-events for us. This beast rolls big and yet is nible around town. If you want utility, room, and awesome looks, look no further. We've ran almost 43,000 trouble free. If you run out of room in the Excursion, you can tow your house behind it too.

Room, comfort, cup holders everywhere, power outlets, powerful engine, ease to drive, 4WD, step rails, did I mention cargo space?

Bring them back into the Ford line up.

One of the best and enjoyable rides A+
By ExcursionDiesel

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I was on the market for a truck and by luck found this beast. I have not had a more enjoyable time driving since. Comfort and security are top notch. Road Feel is A+ I drive New York to Miami 2-4 times a year and drive daily, this is comfortable, great visibility, awesome sense of security GVW 9800lb "the beast" and most importantly in todays economy i was getting awesome mileage (leaving with a full tank a put half a tank in North Carolina and refill in Miami, cruising at 80 -85 mpg) I don't know why Ford discontinued this truck and I will still try and buy another todays market that cant give them away fast enough, with mileage like my Ford Edge I would recommend buying one and enjoying

Size, power, tow mirrors, steering wheel features and overall layout in the Limited model with powerful air systems for a/c and heat with separate rear controls which are perfect and rear entertainment, rear window vents open eliminating weird road smells when driving like garbage, sulfur etc!

Making a seat heater button on the dash and different leather options on steering wheel - air horn options sometimes I feel like a semi with a golf cart horn! Once again I don't know why Ford discontinued this awesome truck every family needs 2 and I'd be first inline for a 09-2010 Excursion diesel