Used 2005 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Beauty and a BEAST
By Del

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We purchased a pair (2) 2005 Ford Excursion Limited's with the 6.0L turbo diesel. We traded in a pair (2) of Volvo's. With three (3) growing kids and lots of gear, the Volvo's just could not carry the loads without going to roof racks. The diesel Excursion is a treat. So much power, so much room, so much safety. selected againt Chevy/ GMC, Caddy because we love Ford diesels since they run much stronger and longer. Plus, those are all smaller interiors. I wish Ford would revisit making the Excursion. We bought two (2) of the 2005 model with the Limited package. We will replace the engines if they ever need it, with the new updated Powerstroke found in the 2009 Super Duty pick-ups.

Diesel engine (so strong), captains seats, DVD, its a FORD.

Make em again, FORD (but dont change a thing except add new electronic mirrors and SIRIUS, blue tooth and IPOD hook- ups).

The Beast
By Bravosfan

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Great highway ride with ample room, tows a mountain, and can go off road with the best of them. This beast is big, comfortable, and safe. I can put a hybrid in the rear cargo area!

Comfort, ride, and reliabilty.

Start making them again!

After 44,000 Miles...
By MANHUNTER

2005 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 44,000 miles and 3 1/2 years, we still own our "Big X" land yacht. Yes, it's big and no, it's not a politically- correct hybrid sub-compact, but what a vehicle. In my experience, the hype about the gas mileage in the V-10 is misinformation; I've been averaging 10 to 11 mpg in town and 15.4 on the highway. The ONLY problems I've had with this vehicle are with the brakes. I've had the brakes done twice in 3 1/2 years; it hasn't been to the shop for anything else, other than oil and filter changes.

The room and comfort level; carry eight people in comfort, my daughter reclines and watches movies in the rear while my wife and I listen to the music of our choice. We and our friends can go to dinner together and save gas that might be used with two or three of us driving; conservation anyone?

Start making them again!

nothing touches the excursion
By jackhart

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I traded in an '06 Tahoe at the end of my lease for a used '05 Excursion turbodiesel. It has more room for my kids, dogs and luggage, and the diesel option sealed the deal, since it can tow anything and gets better mileage than the gas version. If you need the room, nothing beats the Excursion. I am more than pleased with this vehicle, and even with 50K on the odometer, it still runs and looks like new. Too bad they don't make this truck anymore, because even a few years old, the truck is still a winner.

Turbodiesel engine, rear parking assist, driving height, two tone leather interior.

Bigger tires and rims. The stock ones look a little silly on a truck of this size.

Great Vehicle
By Tom

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is our second Excursion. First was a 2002. The first was so good I had to get a 2005 because Ford stopped making them. This is the best highway vehicle I ever had. Family vacations are wonderful. Plenty of room, comfortable and safe. We have driven thru some sizable storms and the stability of this beast is excellent. Performance in the snow and on dirt roads is flawless. This vehicle is so solid I hit a deer at 35mph and there was no damage to the car. There is simply no better or safer vehicle for my family. 90,000m on the 2002 without any significant repairs. 32,000 on the 2005 with no problems yet.

Safety. Reliability. Effortless highway driving. Lots of room for the family as well as friends.

Fuel economy is the only down side to this vehicle. However, I knew that was a trade off for the safety and space. I wish Ford still made these.