Used 2005 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Excursion SUV

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

THE BIG REPLACEMENT
By Rick Salinas

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I had wanted an Excursion since they first arived on the showroom floor. I finally got one nine years later, as a replacement for two vehicles. It now takes the place of my Lincoln Town Car and a 4wd 15 passenger van, which was a hard thing to do. I wanted all the luxury inside an suv just like my Lincoln Cartier, the room, rugedness,and 4wd go anywhere of my van. It has replaced them both with flying colors, and made me very happy. It is very comfortable and ride hieght is excelent. I use this vehicle for work, family and play.

Favorite Features

It's overall size and interior room, cargo room/capacity,combined with all the luxury that you could ask for or want.

Suggested Improvements

Shouldn't have stoped making them!!

Better Than Two Previous Towncars
By James

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Unlike the Towncars little or no road and wind noise. Most miles are annual trips between Florida and New Jersey. Loaded to the roof, it has more than adequate power. At 14,062 every aspect of it is dependable and holding up better than any other car I have owned.

Favorite Features

Clear vision while driving Very nive interior which still looks like new. Roominess and ease of using features Rear doors

Suggested Improvements

Lock on glove compartment.

Beauty and a BEAST
By Del

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We purchased a pair (2) 2005 Ford Excursion Limited's with the 6.0L turbo diesel. We traded in a pair (2) of Volvo's. With three (3) growing kids and lots of gear, the Volvo's just could not carry the loads without going to roof racks. The diesel Excursion is a treat. So much power, so much room, so much safety. selected againt Chevy/ GMC, Caddy because we love Ford diesels since they run much stronger and longer. Plus, those are all smaller interiors. I wish Ford would revisit making the Excursion. We bought two (2) of the 2005 model with the Limited package. We will replace the engines if they ever need it, with the new updated Powerstroke found in the 2009 Super Duty pick-ups.

Favorite Features

Diesel engine (so strong), captains seats, DVD, its a FORD.

Suggested Improvements

Make em again, FORD (but dont change a thing except add new electronic mirrors and SIRIUS, blue tooth and IPOD hook- ups).

The Beast
By Bravosfan

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Great highway ride with ample room, tows a mountain, and can go off road with the best of them. This beast is big, comfortable, and safe. I can put a hybrid in the rear cargo area!

Favorite Features

Comfort, ride, and reliabilty.

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again!

After 44,000 Miles...
By MANHUNTER

2005 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 44,000 miles and 3 1/2 years, we still own our "Big X" land yacht. Yes, it's big and no, it's not a politically- correct hybrid sub-compact, but what a vehicle. In my experience, the hype about the gas mileage in the V-10 is misinformation; I've been averaging 10 to 11 mpg in town and 15.4 on the highway. The ONLY problems I've had with this vehicle are with the brakes. I've had the brakes done twice in 3 1/2 years; it hasn't been to the shop for anything else, other than oil and filter changes.

Favorite Features

The room and comfort level; carry eight people in comfort, my daughter reclines and watches movies in the rear while my wife and I listen to the music of our choice. We and our friends can go to dinner together and save gas that might be used with two or three of us driving; conservation anyone?

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again!