2005 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
THE BIG REPLACEMENT
By Rick Salinas on 07/21/09 23:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I had wanted an Excursion since they first arived on the showroom floor. I finally got one nine years later, as a replacement for two vehicles. It now takes the place of my Lincoln Town Car and a 4wd 15 passenger van, which was a hard thing to do. I wanted all the luxury inside an suv just like my Lincoln Cartier, the room, rugedness,and 4wd go anywhere of my van. It has replaced them both with flying colors, and made me very happy. It is very comfortable and ride hieght is excelent. I use this vehicle for work, family and play.

Better Than Two Previous Towncars
By James on 07/03/09 20:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Unlike the Towncars little or no road and wind noise. Most miles are annual trips between Florida and New Jersey. Loaded to the roof, it has more than adequate power. At 14,062 every aspect of it is dependable and holding up better than any other car I have owned.

Beauty and a BEAST
By Del on 06/17/09 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We purchased a pair (2) 2005 Ford Excursion Limited's with the 6.0L turbo diesel. We traded in a pair (2) of Volvo's. With three (3) growing kids and lots of gear, the Volvo's just could not carry the loads without going to roof racks. The diesel Excursion is a treat. So much power, so much room, so much safety. selected againt Chevy/ GMC, Caddy because we love Ford diesels since they run much stronger and longer. Plus, those are all smaller interiors. I wish Ford would revisit making the Excursion. We bought two (2) of the 2005 model with the Limited package. We will replace the engines if they ever need it, with the new updated Powerstroke found in the 2009 Super Duty pick-ups.

The Beast
By Bravosfan on 05/16/09 20:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Great highway ride with ample room, tows a mountain, and can go off road with the best of them. This beast is big, comfortable, and safe. I can put a hybrid in the rear cargo area!

After 44,000 Miles...
By MANHUNTER on 04/22/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 44,000 miles and 3 1/2 years, we still own our "Big X" land yacht. Yes, it's big and no, it's not a politically- correct hybrid sub-compact, but what a vehicle. In my experience, the hype about the gas mileage in the V-10 is misinformation; I've been averaging 10 to 11 mpg in town and 15.4 on the highway. The ONLY problems I've had with this vehicle are with the brakes. I've had the brakes done twice in 3 1/2 years; it hasn't been to the shop for anything else, other than oil and filter changes.

nothing touches the excursion
By jackhart on 03/18/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I traded in an '06 Tahoe at the end of my lease for a used '05 Excursion turbodiesel. It has more room for my kids, dogs and luggage, and the diesel option sealed the deal, since it can tow anything and gets better mileage than the gas version. If you need the room, nothing beats the Excursion. I am more than pleased with this vehicle, and even with 50K on the odometer, it still runs and looks like new. Too bad they don't make this truck anymore, because even a few years old, the truck is still a winner.

Great Vehicle
By Tom on 02/02/09 09:50 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is our second Excursion. First was a 2002. The first was so good I had to get a 2005 because Ford stopped making them. This is the best highway vehicle I ever had. Family vacations are wonderful. Plenty of room, comfortable and safe. We have driven thru some sizable storms and the stability of this beast is excellent. Performance in the snow and on dirt roads is flawless. This vehicle is so solid I hit a deer at 35mph and there was no damage to the car. There is simply no better or safer vehicle for my family. 90,000m on the 2002 without any significant repairs. 32,000 on the 2005 with no problems yet.

The Land Of The Free & Home Of The Beast
By ExcursionDiesel on 11/25/08 08:59 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Don't know why this vehicle was discontinued. I would continue to by this car until I can't drive anymore. I got it for 18k because the dealership couldnt move it, 35k miles mint condition turbo diesel. Have put on 5k miles in 2 months and love it - diesel could be cheaper. Very comfortable, great visibility and overall very safe. Mileage can be better and diesel requires some extra care like plugging in at night when it's cold and $200 oil changes (15q) but like I said I would buy many more. Hate Ford love the Excursion and we are 3 people in total and have all the space and comfort in the world, as well as room to pick up my 7 siblings when they fly in for a weekend rain, snow, or shine.

Little RV
By Living Big on 11/24/08 19:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Our Excursion is our road trip king. There isn't anywhere we wouldn't take our Excursion. Whether we're trekking across the country on vacations or running around town, this is our vehicle of choice. With room for everything and the kitchen sink, no one and nothing gets left behind. We love the captain's chairs second row seats and the full cargo space. This SUV has everything and goes everywhere. Our Midwestern winters are non-events for us. This beast rolls big and yet is nible around town. If you want utility, room, and awesome looks, look no further. We've ran almost 43,000 trouble free. If you run out of room in the Excursion, you can tow your house behind it too.

One of the best and enjoyable rides A+
By ExcursionDiesel on 10/25/08 15:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I was on the market for a truck and by luck found this beast. I have not had a more enjoyable time driving since. Comfort and security are top notch. Road Feel is A+ I drive New York to Miami 2-4 times a year and drive daily, this is comfortable, great visibility, awesome sense of security GVW 9800lb "the beast" and most importantly in todays economy i was getting awesome mileage (leaving with a full tank a put half a tank in North Carolina and refill in Miami, cruising at 80 -85 mpg) I don't know why Ford discontinued this truck and I will still try and buy another todays market that cant give them away fast enough, with mileage like my Ford Edge I would recommend buying one and enjoying