2005 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
The Diesel is Awesome! Great SUV.
By Chris on 07/28/05 10:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This SUV is AWESOME! I am getting 16- 17MPG in city and 21-24mpg hwy. With a 6500lb SUV with 325hp and 560lb torque This beast is quicker than my V6 Mitsu Car and is getting within 2mpg fuel economy on the hwy. Much better choice than my minivan for my 3 kids. Twin girls load easy behind the driver on the 60% bench while letting me flip up and load my 3yr old son in the 3rd row. This leaves PLENTY of room for 3 more adults in back. There is tons of room for the double stroller and luggage behind the 3rd row WOW! Ford is ending production in SEPT replacing it with a '07 stretched Expedition. Get one before they are gone. With Family Plan Pricing a Limited Diesel 2-5K under invoice.

NOISY VEHICLE
By BOERNER on 07/24/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Noisy engine. Diesel engine noise same as '04 model year; no dampening material under hood to eliminate same noise. Factory will not correct the problem. Also pulling a 34 foot Airstream trailer the rear of the tow vehicle sags 2 inches low, making the connection look like it's dragging down in the middle at the hitch point.

Please, don't stop making the Excursion!
By Billy Speer on 03/22/05 16:56 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased a 2001 Ford Excusion for our ministry pulling a trailer and averaged 40,000 miles a year, This is the best heavy duty and enjoyable vehicle we have owned, I couldn't wait to trade up to the 2005 Excursion. It's one of the most dependable, hardworking, vehicles we've ever used. Please, don't stop making the Ford Excursion! I'm a big person and it fits me just right. It has all the options a person could want, and the speaker system is fabulous. If you want to haul anything, this is the SUV you want, and we are getting better miles a gallon than before with more power! Wow! don't know what I do with it, thanks Ford!

Best SUV I have ever owned
By b-bambam on 03/05/05 01:37 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I tow a lot and need a big car. I pulled the trigger on the Excursion with the diesel engine. Would highly recommend the diesel over gasoline engines. I get 21 mpg on highway and about 16 in city. If you seriously utilize an SUV and have a large family I would consider this your best bet over any other SUV, especially if you tow. Owned 2 Suburban's, 2 Jeeps and nothing compares to the comfort and room of the Excursion.