Used 2005 Ford Excursion Limited Diesel Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

The Diesel is Awesome! Great SUV.
By Chris

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This SUV is AWESOME! I am getting 16- 17MPG in city and 21-24mpg hwy. With a 6500lb SUV with 325hp and 560lb torque This beast is quicker than my V6 Mitsu Car and is getting within 2mpg fuel economy on the hwy. Much better choice than my minivan for my 3 kids. Twin girls load easy behind the driver on the 60% bench while letting me flip up and load my 3yr old son in the 3rd row. This leaves PLENTY of room for 3 more adults in back. There is tons of room for the double stroller and luggage behind the 3rd row WOW! Ford is ending production in SEPT replacing it with a '07 stretched Expedition. Get one before they are gone. With Family Plan Pricing a Limited Diesel 2-5K under invoice.

Diesel Engine. This 6.0ltr is more fuel efficient, quieter and has tons more power than the 7.3 used thru '02. New 5 speed auto trans works great. Tow-haul mode will downshift for you on hills using engine breaking. This is a ULEV passing CA new '05 emissions standards so feel good driving it!

Maybe OnStar. A master switch to turn off the interior lights. An included Active alarm. It has the PassKey system so you can't start it without the Key, but the Ford alarm module that conviently plugs in by the dealer, will cost you $3-400 dollars. Hummmm?

NOISY VEHICLE
By BOERNER

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Noisy engine. Diesel engine noise same as '04 model year; no dampening material under hood to eliminate same noise. Factory will not correct the problem. Also pulling a 34 foot Airstream trailer the rear of the tow vehicle sags 2 inches low, making the connection look like it's dragging down in the middle at the hitch point.

Factory should address this problem through a district rep and not use the dealer as a lightning rod.

Please, don't stop making the Excursion!
By Billy Speer

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased a 2001 Ford Excusion for our ministry pulling a trailer and averaged 40,000 miles a year, This is the best heavy duty and enjoyable vehicle we have owned, I couldn't wait to trade up to the 2005 Excursion. It's one of the most dependable, hardworking, vehicles we've ever used. Please, don't stop making the Ford Excursion! I'm a big person and it fits me just right. It has all the options a person could want, and the speaker system is fabulous. If you want to haul anything, this is the SUV you want, and we are getting better miles a gallon than before with more power! Wow! don't know what I do with it, thanks Ford!

The new diesel engine 6.0 with all its power, new pedal adjustments for brake and accelerator, new adjustments for power seats for pilot and co-pilot with presets for the driver's seat for his and hers. I like all the controls on the steering wheel, radio, air-temp, and fan, as well as cruise control.

Wider seats for all the bucket seats for comfort for those long hauls, I think Ford did a fantastic job with the new Excursion, just hate to lose after all this work and imagination for those of us on the road.

Best SUV I have ever owned
By b-bambam

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I tow a lot and need a big car. I pulled the trigger on the Excursion with the diesel engine. Would highly recommend the diesel over gasoline engines. I get 21 mpg on highway and about 16 in city. If you seriously utilize an SUV and have a large family I would consider this your best bet over any other SUV, especially if you tow. Owned 2 Suburban's, 2 Jeeps and nothing compares to the comfort and room of the Excursion.

Diesel engine, towing mirrors, the stability of the ride, seems much roomier than Suburban. MPG is great for an SUV.

none