2005 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
thinking of buying a 2nd one
By rick on 12/18/05 19:09 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Very functional for a family of 5.

Awesome Ride For Our Family
By SHAWNA on 07/09/05 08:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I love it. We only have two kids so far, but to go anywhere takes a lot of stuff and room for it. This can fit it all and lots more, especially for those long road trips. The diesel engine's performance is phenomenal. It is so powerful. Right now we are averaging about 16.5 mpg, and about 680 miles a tank. Not bad considering gas excursions get approximately 7-8 mpg. :-) I would suggest this car to anyone.

Excursion
By alles on 03/11/05 21:22 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Overall an exceptional buy. Paid $6,000 under MSRP. Fuel economy in first 400 miles is 18 MPG combined city & highway. Ride, despite other's criticism, is much better than the pickup trucks I have owned in the past. Not quite as good as my Expedition but overall a good ride. Length of the vehicle is the same as a pickup truck with a long bed and regular cab. Fits in my garage with an Expedition just fine. It also gets 3 miles a gallon better mileage than my Expedition.

Love my SUV
By Cindi on 01/05/05 22:52 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This SUV gave me the luxury to hold passengers and cargo and not lose the comfort and ease of either. I have found the Excursion easier to drive then I expected for a truck this size. I love carrying my entire family and their gear!

A real user
By Alaskmoose on 11/07/04 15:22 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The excursion is an SUV that can work like a truck and be a wonderful family auto at the same time. We have been able to tow heavy loads, and just use as an everyday rig.

2005 Excursion
By Heather Coker on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is my 2nd Excursion (1st is a 2002). We travel extensivly and the leg room and width of the interior is excellent. I also use it for towing and even with a fully loaded trailer, the power is still there. I can climb a mountain (the Blue Ridge's) at 75mph with no problem. Because I mostly use it on the highway/interstates my gas mileage is fairly high, averaging around 17.5-20.00mpg per tank. In town driving I usually get 14.5-15.5mpg. I first chose the Excursion for the interior room. The cargo space far outpaces that of the Suburban/Yukon and the Expedition. The price is also much better than its competitors and the quality of the materials used is much better.