2004 Ford Excursion 6.8L V10 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Wish they still made these....

2004 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Review

Wish they still made these....
By naaziz on

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I own a 6.0 Turbodiesel. This is one of a kind. Bought it for towing capacity (Have my Prius for commuting & Range Rover for off roading) and I am surprised how fond I have become of this truck. It is a shame Ford discontinued this truck. For space, power and functionality, nothing comes close. I have hauled plywood in the back (with doors closed), multiple people with their bags and a 6000lb boat behind me and it does not even break a sweat. I am planning on holding on to this truck as I do not know of any other vehicle on the market that offers all the functionality that Excursion offers. Unlike other reviews, I think mileage is fine for size and weight of the truck.

Favorite Features

Torque/Towing capacity, room, versatility, ride (for a truck). Even with the issues that I have had, I still really appreciate this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality (Turbo replaced 3 times in first year), front seat head rests are not very functional, steering is vague. But I guess, none of these matter as they have ceased production. (I have come to understand the term Fix or repair Daily... take this comment with a grain of salt).