2004 Ford Excursion Consumer Review: Never owned a vehicle I liked

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Review

Never owned a vehicle I liked so well
By OwnerInOhio on

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have four teenage sons and sometimes tow a 5000lb boat. I bought the diesel for fuel economy -- getting 16-22mph. It took a short while to get used driving this large vehicle, but now I LOVE driving this car. Trips are a joy with the entertainment package. NO new car "little problems" (yet, at 3500 miles). I tend to buy new cars and keep them for 10 years. I believe I made a very good choice for the next 10. Also very impressed with how solidly this vehicle seems to be built, inside and out. Paid a LOT, for this kind of comfort/utility for next 10 years I don't regret a cent. 4 wheel drive gets me up/down drive I haven't used in years.

Comfort -- leather seats are a you. My 75 yr old mother (bad back, legs) loves the car. Even though the seats are high, running boards and handles make it no problem to get in/out (even for my mother). Kids love DVD when we travel.

I beleive I made the right choice with the diesel engine. Fuel economy is excellent (imho) for a vehicle this size. I just wish I could get it to be a bit quieter. Inside is no problem, but it is undeniably a diesel when you're standing next to it.