2004 Ford Excursion Consumer Review: My '03 Excursion is great towi

2004 Ford Excursion - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (6.0L V8 Turbo Diesel 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

My '03 Excursion is great towing vehicle
By RV Guy on

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought a 2003 Excursion with the optional diesel engine and it pulls my 35' travel trailer like there's nothing behind it! The gas mileage with the diesel engine is better than I got with the 2002 Chevy Suburban (Gas engine) I traded in on it. One complaint is that there is not an optional power sunroof available and an aftermarket one is out of the question since the back A/C and heater vents are located towards the middle of the vehicle making the installation of a power sunroof not possible. The "back-up" warning signals are wonderful as are the pull out trailer towing mirrors.

The seats are very comfortable, more so than the Chevy Suburban this vehicle replaced. The gas mileage (with the optional diesel engine) is about 17-20 mgp, upper range being highway mileage. This is slightly better than with the '02 Suburban I had.

I was disappointed that the radio antenna scraped the molding at the upper part of the garage everytime I pulled in or backed out. I ended up getting a shorter one from an auto parts store myself and replacing it.