Used 2004 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Excursion can do it all!
By brewdaddy

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I traded my mini-van in to get my Excursion so I could feel like a man again while driving my family with four girls. What I didn't know was how versatile this beast is. It seats even 8 adults comfortably. It tows almost anything without trying. The ride is very smooth. I took out the back seat & folded the middle one down then camped in it by myself for three days quite comfortably. Here is the one that is hard to believe. My trailer was out of comission so I took off the front wheels of my YFZ450 Quad and stuck it in the back! I took pictures to prove it and I'm sending them to a quad mag. This truck is amazing.

The backup sensor is awesome. You can parallel park or back up this monster so easily it is fun.

Sometimes a front sensor would be nice. you are so high up and the trunk/grill is so big it is hard to judge sometimes. Although if I need to pull in tight somewhere I just back in and use the senser!

Good Choice
By Good Driver

2004 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Purchased to tow a boat and has the power and smooth ride to make it a good experience.

The back hatch opens up and out for easy access.

If the third seat could lay flat into a bed it would be more convienent.

Brakes Suck
By HarryB

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have a 2002 that I have replaced the brakes on this vehicle 5 times in 120000 miles. They are terribly undersized for the weight of the vehicle and dealer denies knowledge of any problem, even though I have talked to other owners and mechanics, 100% agree that Ford has a major design problem with the brakes. We finally replaced the brakes with racing brakes that were cross-drilled and slotted to disapate the heat (not a Ford product) and know the brakes are working much better.

X
By EMAGEE

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

WONDERFUL VEHICLE. ONLY DIESEL SUV AVAILABLE FUEL MILAGE 18 - 20MG HAVE LARGE FAMILY GALLONS PER PERSON IS WAY LOWER THAN 2 CARS IT REPLACE. IM 62 TALL ONLY VEHICLE I TESTED THAT I DID NOT HAVE TO HAVE SEAT ALL THE WAY BACK TO BE COMFORTABLE. SUBURBAN CANT HOLD A CANDLE TO IT. FOR SPACE OR ECONOMY SINCE THEY HAVE NO DIESEL. I ALSO TOW A LARGE TT NOOO PROBLEM. LOVES TO PULL 31 FOOTER AT 65 13.5 MPG. TRY THAT WITH A 8 LITER GAS

TOWING POWER SPACE LARGE FAMILY COMFORT

The Silver Bullet
By Fred Ellrott

2004 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This 2 tone silver Excursion is great. The interior dash could be set up a little better yuo do not realy need a pull out cup holder when you have cup holders in the center consoul. Great power and towes great. DVD system is very nice. very nice vehicle We may get one more so ve do not have to share it.

Change the dash in the center I do not need a place to hang my air freshener and the double cup holder (dash/certer consoul) is a waste