2004 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
florida truck
By jboneezer on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd Excursion. We lemon lawed our 02 because of a thumping noise in the front end, unexpected stalling, and a several squeaks in the interior. Now we have a 2004, which has some of the same troubles. We still like the vehicle and have decided to ignore these troubles....for now.

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 6.0 Diesel
By Lov'in the Excursion on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Outside of having great luck with Ford, I turned to the Excursion because the Diesel engine. At first I thought the Excursion would be too large, but coming from a Supercrew, the size is virtually the same. Here are some other notes- Engine-THE ONLY WAY TO GO WITH THIS VEHICLE-DIESEL!! It is awesome! I drive mostly in city like conditions, and have been averaging 17 miles per gallon. For those that want to know if it is worth paying the extra $$ for a diesel, I did a comparison versus the V10 at 10 miles per gallon, and the ROI is about 48,000 miles of driving. O

Awesome Vehicle
By cdy on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

If you want comfort and room you go with the Excursion. I have had mine for 4 years now and I would not take anything for it. There is always room for anything and everyone. If you are looking for good gas mileage you are not looking for an Excursion. I have learned that there are compromises in life and you drive what you want to drive and I choose to drive the EXCURSION. AWESOME VEHICLE.

EXCURSION LIMITED ULTIMATE
By bmenzel on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. GOOD FUEL MILEAGE (DIESEL)

Dual Excursion Family
By jbhogue on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We own two Excursion, a 2001 and now a 2004 - We love them! Great for pulling heavy things and for a large family. Plenty of room for kids, friends and all the gear

have tolike it
By oldhippy on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had a suburban before my excursion so i'm used to big suv's. I like the ex. except I taught I would get better fuel economy .I am a big guy 6'4''tall so it;s pretty comfortable,except it seems like the front seate are to narrow for someone as big as me. On an overall scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7+

GREAT SUV
By Robertelezaj on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

ITS JUST GREAT WHEN YOU GOT AN ALL BLACK ONE LOOKS LIKE AN FBI TRUCK

Bad Truck
By S. R. Markl on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Stearing Shaft broke in half - crash Brake System replaced 3 times - crash Suspension parts not included unsafe when towing Plenty of cupholders tho

good job
By matt dillon on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Poor mileage , But biggest most powerful around. turnning radius narrow . only complaints. don't know about realability

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!
By VBkid13 on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

My Excursion is my only vehicle and I love it. It's isn't too bulky to drive everyday. I have used my truck to it's maximum capacity in it's many versatile ways - space, towing capacity, 4WD, up- scale passenger room or as a real workhorse. I have never been disppointed. Yes, it is a little pricey but well worth it. No, it is not good on gas but would you expect it to be? It's a V10 with amazing abilities and weighs almost 3 tons. Because of the traction that the Excursion has, I very rarely have to engage the 4WD (and I live in snow country). I haven't had any bad experiences with my Excursion and I would reccommend it to everyone. I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!