Used 2004 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Consumer
By nana3l

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We test drove other SUV's and always came back to the Ford Excursion. The Expedition is popular and everybody seems like they're buying it, but we wanted more towing power and more room for the family to stretch out and enjoy. The Excursion is set apart from the others and we can feel and see it as we drive up and down the interstate. It's fun, challenging and rewarding. The pricing was okay. And the gas mileage, well, we knew what we were getting ourselves into when we bought it. Had two Windstars prior to this and we accept the Excursion and the 10.2 or so gas mileage. We still put it on the highway.

Favorite, sits high with a style all its own. Power to match.

Standard equipment, DVD.

MY TURN
By rdy

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

DROVE IN MOUNTAINS IN MOMTANA FOR 3 MONTHS LAST FALL AND HAD NO PROBLEMS AND GOOOD POWER V10'S RULE

V10 POWER

turn signal to work when not going straight really ANNOYS when you need to turn on a slight curve .

The Life of the Ford Excursion
By David Vanderbilt Nus

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I think that this is a great car, really, I have had Range rovers in the past, still do and have had sububrbans, and I prefer this always. I Last and not least I have been hearing rumors that the excursion will cease to be in production after 2005', and I really hope Thanks, Charles Nussbaum

LOUD AND fun to drive and nothing bigger !!! Great towing capacity.

Interior quality , ergonomics needs to be more like DENALI!!!!I do however feel that Ford is lagging in quality design badly when it comes to interior, "Ergonomics", it needs to be much nicer on the inside the top of the line

florida truck
By jboneezer

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd Excursion. We lemon lawed our 02 because of a thumping noise in the front end, unexpected stalling, and a several squeaks in the interior. Now we have a 2004, which has some of the same troubles. We still like the vehicle and have decided to ignore these troubles....for now.

size.

Better gas mileage....duh!

Awesome Vehicle
By cdy

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

If you want comfort and room you go with the Excursion. I have had mine for 4 years now and I would not take anything for it. There is always room for anything and everyone. If you are looking for good gas mileage you are not looking for an Excursion. I have learned that there are compromises in life and you drive what you want to drive and I choose to drive the EXCURSION. AWESOME VEHICLE.

ROOM, ROOM, AND MORE ROOM. LUXURY DRIVE AND RIDE.

• SUV