Used 2004 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Excursion

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

my truckster
By bjd4452

2004 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

i love this i just wish i had gotten the diesel

The Barge
By Cecil

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

From the day I test drove this, I did not like it and had problems. First off, on the test drove and pulled out in traffic. The Excursion snorted bucked and chattered as we tried to accelerate into traffic. I told the salesman that I wanted to go back and test drive one with the V10...He said- THIS IS THE V10! When I went to get out of the vehicle. The door handle snapped off in my hand! Not only has this vehicle been nothing but problems, the dealer I bought this from could care less. I think it even seems to burn gas when the engine is off. Going into a corner with the Excursion is like trying to manuver a drunk hippo.

Favorite Features

When you travel, its nice to know you dont have to wonder if you need to stop at the rest stop for a pee. Because you can always count on having to fill up with gas

Suggested Improvements

Boat anchor for the queen mary

driving great
By morin

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

had to add a pro stering dampner to the beast [with respect to the big girl],it was all it needed,other than that its always dependable for us,and confert for us is great,gas mil nis about 26 on freeway,19 to 21 in city,i cant complane,ac in unit will freeze you out.its like a meat locker,the power is a monster,and thats before you give it gas,when that happens,hold on to your head please.as you can see,i like real power and quilty,and this is it!!!!!!!!!!1

Macdaddy truck
By dpichardo

2004 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Diesel is a great engine. Very comfortable for family and pets for long & short trips. Handles very well for a truck of its size.

Favorite Features

Great turning ration & comfort.

Great family ride
By thecrazy8s

2004 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Love my Excursion! we're a tall family of 5, husband 6'3, wife 5'10 and three kids ages 10,10, & 13 who are all tall for their age. We frequently tow a jeep or sand rail and an occasional boat. Towing ability is great, plenty of leg room for long hauls (500 miles to get to the beach). Great for the winter driving, snow is no worry. Great hwy mpg (16-18) getting kids into town for school with the diesel. 4X4 does great driving in sand or to rocky trail heads. Like the firm ride- doesn't feel like a boat bobbing around like other lrg SUV's. It's big--but worth it if your a big family who travels & tows.

Favorite Features

Firm ride, solid axle front end

Suggested Improvements

Would have liked to see excursion continue on to many more model years and not be labeled as some enviromental hazard