2004 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Consumer
By nana3l on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We test drove other SUV's and always came back to the Ford Excursion. The Expedition is popular and everybody seems like they're buying it, but we wanted more towing power and more room for the family to stretch out and enjoy. The Excursion is set apart from the others and we can feel and see it as we drive up and down the interstate. It's fun, challenging and rewarding. The pricing was okay. And the gas mileage, well, we knew what we were getting ourselves into when we bought it. Had two Windstars prior to this and we accept the Excursion and the 10.2 or so gas mileage. We still put it on the highway.

MY TURN
By rdy on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

DROVE IN MOUNTAINS IN MOMTANA FOR 3 MONTHS LAST FALL AND HAD NO PROBLEMS AND GOOOD POWER V10'S RULE

The Life of the Ford Excursion
By David Vanderbilt Nus on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I think that this is a great car, really, I have had Range rovers in the past, still do and have had sububrbans, and I prefer this always. I Last and not least I have been hearing rumors that the excursion will cease to be in production after 2005', and I really hope Thanks, Charles Nussbaum

florida truck
By jboneezer on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd Excursion. We lemon lawed our 02 because of a thumping noise in the front end, unexpected stalling, and a several squeaks in the interior. Now we have a 2004, which has some of the same troubles. We still like the vehicle and have decided to ignore these troubles....for now.

Awesome Vehicle
By cdy on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

If you want comfort and room you go with the Excursion. I have had mine for 4 years now and I would not take anything for it. There is always room for anything and everyone. If you are looking for good gas mileage you are not looking for an Excursion. I have learned that there are compromises in life and you drive what you want to drive and I choose to drive the EXCURSION. AWESOME VEHICLE.

have tolike it
By oldhippy on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had a suburban before my excursion so i'm used to big suv's. I like the ex. except I taught I would get better fuel economy .I am a big guy 6'4''tall so it;s pretty comfortable,except it seems like the front seate are to narrow for someone as big as me. On an overall scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7+

good job
By matt dillon on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Poor mileage , But biggest most powerful around. turnning radius narrow . only complaints. don't know about realability

Bad Truck
By S. R. Markl on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Stearing Shaft broke in half - crash Brake System replaced 3 times - crash Suspension parts not included unsafe when towing Plenty of cupholders tho

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!
By VBkid13 on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

My Excursion is my only vehicle and I love it. It's isn't too bulky to drive everyday. I have used my truck to it's maximum capacity in it's many versatile ways - space, towing capacity, 4WD, up- scale passenger room or as a real workhorse. I have never been disppointed. Yes, it is a little pricey but well worth it. No, it is not good on gas but would you expect it to be? It's a V10 with amazing abilities and weighs almost 3 tons. Because of the traction that the Excursion has, I very rarely have to engage the 4WD (and I live in snow country). I haven't had any bad experiences with my Excursion and I would reccommend it to everyone. I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!

Great Big Truck
By Jersey Big Dog on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is an excellent family truck, very capable in the snow and tough driving conditions. Fuel economy is what you'd expect from this large truck (I avg about 12 mpg combined), power is outstanding, and bad weather capability is exceptional. Forget parallel parking.