2004 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Love my Excursion
By sadiex5 on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We love our excursion. I had a 1999 gmc Suburban with only 50000 and it was consantly breaking. The dealership that I had purchased the suburban from never fixed it correctly so I decided to try Ford And am I ever happy I did. The hardest thing for me to get use to is how far the side mirrors stick out I go on some narrow streets and sometimes I woory that they are going to hit something, Other then that I love it. I test drove a lot of other cars before I made my final choice. I was getting 10 mpg in my suburban and now I get 22 mpg. Towing is wonderful and easy.

Best overall
By J.Diamond on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I use this for family, towing, Vacations and everyday. I drive alot, and I use this in winter conditions and lake stuff. I cannot live without this car.

This is why we need an Excursion.
By Ron Greisel on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is my families fifth Excursion. We make 50 mile round trip to take 5 kids to school each week day and 50 miles to pick up in afternoon. Also 200 mile round trip to the city each weekend for shopping.

Never owned a vehicle I liked so well
By OwnerInOhio on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have four teenage sons and sometimes tow a 5000lb boat. I bought the diesel for fuel economy -- getting 16-22mph. It took a short while to get used driving this large vehicle, but now I LOVE driving this car. Trips are a joy with the entertainment package. NO new car "little problems" (yet, at 3500 miles). I tend to buy new cars and keep them for 10 years. I believe I made a very good choice for the next 10. Also very impressed with how solidly this vehicle seems to be built, inside and out. Paid a LOT, for this kind of comfort/utility for next 10 years I don't regret a cent. 4 wheel drive gets me up/down drive I haven't used in years.

*****
By montana on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Towing Perfect 10 Space Perfect 10 Gas Mileage 5 12.1 towing 13 normal Power Perfect 10 This SUV is perfect if you need to tow and dont mind the big gas bill. Lots of space and power to do whatever towing job you may need.

Diesel Excursion
By duner on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Eddie bauer Diesel excursion is a fine truck.18k miles on 6.0 diesel has gobs of power and torque and we get 21 mpg at 70 plus cruising and 10 plus mpg when towering our 9000# toy hauler. We have not had any issues with the truck except for squeeking of the rubber door seals when it was new , these went away after a month or so "worn in i guess" Excellent brakes, added load riderite bags in rear for extra stabiloity and leveling. Its a big truck in the city

2004 limited excursion 4wd 6.0diesal
By hurlygirl on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

i was very impressed with the 6.0 diesal,alot of power yet very comfortable,very economical with gas about 13.9 mpg,went from a 2000 v10 lmtd to the new 2004.alot more options with the steering controls,adj pedals,heated seats,programed driver settings,overall the best i think out in the market,there is no competition by far with any other makes. real power only ford can make.

pressman
By brian bruckner on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Big suv and gets 21 miles to the gallon.

This truck is great
By J Mattern on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I got all I paid for this truck and then some. The newly configured 6.0 turbo diesel is great onfuel and low sound. the interior has everything a person could want.

traded in the v10 for the diesel
By garrison on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

i just traded in my 01 v10 excursion for an 04 diesel and absolutely love it (and i live in baltimore city). i use it as an every day vehicle and wouldnt recommend anything else if you need cargo area. this truck looks great, handles good, and has enough power to pull a mountain. gas milage is much better than the v10. the only downside is that nobody wants them so if you do get one dont plan on trading it in or selling it without taking quite a loss!