2004 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Great SUV love it!
By 3kiddad on 12/12/06 09:38 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. I love the 3/4 ton durability with all the passenger and cargo capacity. Rides like truck not a car but I like it.

Great Truck!
By txaggie on 04/12/06 20:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this Excursion, but with gas prices so high, I don't love paying $100 to fill it up. It is great for hauling a lot of kids and cargo. The versatility of folding down the seats is really nice.

dream come true
By jesse vera on 04/01/06 13:26 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle drives like a limo. It responds like a 2007. Nothing wrong with it.

Gr8 Truck!
By Paulo on 12/04/05 00:33 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Great truck! Great performance! Excellent towing capacity and gas mileage in the city and road. Very happy about it.

Awesome All-around Truck
By Dave on 12/01/05 15:29 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my second Excursion. I use it for its protected cargo space extensively. Then you can haul 6 or 7 adults very comfortably. I have had absolutely no problems in 60,000 miles. It is not hard to drive like the reviewers say. It rides great on the highway and gets around town just fine! Really wish they wouldn't stop making them.

Best SUV Ever owned
By susie q on 10/17/05 09:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We have had 2 Jeeps (which I loved, but not big enough), and a GMC Suburban and love the Excursion the best. I am sooooo glad we bought the diesel even though it is noisy sometimes. Drove over 3,000 miles to Colorado and was very comfortable, I don't understand why diesel is higher than regular, makes no sense. It is the best vehicle I have ever had.

I Appreciate my Vehicle
By James Gilmore on 09/06/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I love the way my vehicle handles when traveling. The ride is exceptional. This is my second Excursion; the room they have is added comfort. You are relaxed when you reach your destination -- not tired and all worn down. It gives you a sense of security you don't get from other vehicles. It serves all the purposes I purchased it for. If they stop making them I have no ideal what type of vehicle i would purchase next. The Ford Excursion has proven to be everything I ever wanted in a vehicle.

Family trip vehicle
By Bud on 06/25/05 08:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

So far the diesel engine and all the other features have been tops. Only a few small glitches and three Colorado and 6 trips over 1500 miles with two under three year old kids and this is the way to go. Tuned the computer with micro chip and now get 21-22 miles per gallon on the highway--in this tank, what a way to go. Only had one adjustment early on the diesel and one tank of contaminated diesel which cleaned out just fine. You can't beat this for loading up and hitting the highway. Gets up and roars when the accelerator is pushed; amazing for a vehicle this size.

Luv my Excursion
By scoop on 04/15/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I love the roominess and all its options, especially the heated seats and the radio controls on the steering wheel. It's roomy enough for me, my husband and my mother and everyone is comfortable and can see out. I've taken two ski trips to Colorado and it holds all our gear and gets around in the mountains wonderfully. We get good use out of the DVD player with the dual features of using the DVD while listening to the CD player. Those 15 hour trips to Steamboat don't seem so long when you have "The Great Escape" playing on the DVD. 18.9 miles to the gallon traveling to Colorado. If you want a comfy, big, monster truck, this one is for you. This truck has it all, go get one and enjoy it.

2004 Excursion with 6.0 powerstorke
By Kim W. Baldwin on 03/06/05 16:13 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle used with 21,000 miles. Bought it for the room and reliability of the diesel. To date the average fuel economy has been good at 18.7 mpg/average. Plenty of room and power. This vehicle has the dvd option that I would not have picked if the vehicle was not purchased used but found that the grandkids love it. So far no complaints.