2004 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
2 time owner
By Frank Musgrove on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

My second Excursion and I'll buy another if Ford continues production. This vehicle has it all. My fuel mileage is better than expected too with 14.6 on the highway out of the V-10

Meets Expectations
By victoriacoffeeroaste on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We wanted a large SUV to accommodate traveling with three daughters under the age of 5, their stuff, our stuff, and the necessary traveling goodies to keep them entertained. We started with a 02 Explorer, but it filled fast, necessitating the purchase of an external hitch carrier. Compared to the Explorer, the Excursion is a cave and can handle loads of stuff. We recently packed it with two tricycles, two small bikes with training wheels, a stroller, and a duffle bag. Everything fit behind the third seat! Right now we are averaging 16 mpg combined driving.

Bulletproof
By Timothy S. Kingcade on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Bulletproof is the only way to describe this vehicle. It is heavy, safe and drives like a "rig." I have the wife, three kids and parents-in-law all in the truck and we all feel safe. Everyone gets out of the way or does want to be behind you in this truck. It is amazingly smooth and comfortable. The build quality blows away any GM product I have ever owned or rode in. I traded the Expedition for the Excursion and the difference is immense; plastic bumpers on the 2003 Expedition. The bumpers on the Excursion remind me of a 1950's vehicle because they are so solid. You will never be out of room again with this thing.

My '03 Excursion is great towing vehicle
By RV Guy on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought a 2003 Excursion with the optional diesel engine and it pulls my 35' travel trailer like there's nothing behind it! The gas mileage with the diesel engine is better than I got with the 2002 Chevy Suburban (Gas engine) I traded in on it. One complaint is that there is not an optional power sunroof available and an aftermarket one is out of the question since the back A/C and heater vents are located towards the middle of the vehicle making the installation of a power sunroof not possible. The "back-up" warning signals are wonderful as are the pull out trailer towing mirrors.

its awsome
By massi on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

this vehcle is an awsome suv!

Simply Amazing
By Rothy on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Such an amazing truck its too bad they are discontinuing the excursion.

THIS THING IS GREAT!!!!!!!!! :) :)
By mjc on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Buy one now before they are gone!! It's waaaaaayyyyy better than a crummy old 'Burb!!!!!!! FORD TRUCK TOUGH!

GREAT TOW TRUCK
By CORVETTDAN on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT ROAD MONSTER. CANT BEAT IT IF YOU HAVE ALOT OF STUFF AND PEOPLE. GOOD VISIBLITY FROM THE DRIVERS SEAT. I FEEL SAFE.

second time
By Greg in Georgetown on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is my second excursion. I owned a 2000 limited and was very happy with it. Since I knew Ford was eliminating the Excursion I wanted a new one. The ride and handling have improved greatly. It is quieter and the additional luxury options make this a dream to drive. I would recommend getting the diesel engine if you drive a lot of miles per year. For me it is not an issue since we only put about 13,000 miles per year on the vehicle. If you have the need, I guarantee you will enjoy driving this on the highway.

me
By KevinWagner on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

no problems, 14 mpg freeway, 9 mpg city with v-10