Used 2004 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Excursion SUV

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

oxcursion
By brad summitt

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

i love my truck. it pulls my camper everywhere i go. gas mileage really stinks. (12.2 avg)

Not as bad as you may think!
By SCTommyDC

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is our second Excursion. We frequently take excursions from SoCal into NorCal and Central Cal, delivering finished goods and transporting our two sons. With a quick mod on the air intake, we get 14+ MPG, and this includes 75mph ascent on the grapevine and fully loaded in the cabin! We got 16.3 mpg once on a trip to Vegas and back. It's bigger than other SUV's (Largest), so small cars yield and Semi's see us.

Favorite Features

The smooth ride. Maybe I'm just used to it, but the kids fall asleep QUICK! Even with the factory installed DVD player!

Suggested Improvements

Increase the mileage. We installed a Tornado into the intake and I immediately saw 1 - 2 MPG increase. I understand there are other mods available without compromising smog standards. Ford should be installing these automatically!

Excursions for the future
By Shereespm

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We have always maintained between 14 to 18 mpg even when towing. The ease of getting in and out of the third seat is unbelievable. It is perfect when taking large groups of children because everyone can see the screen on the entertainment package. The turning ratio is better than I could have ever hoped for especially when I am coming from a Dodge Dakota with no turning ratio. We are so totally happy with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfort, ease in driving, spacious interior. The cup holders are great, one for everyone. The backup alarm system is very handy and I would not want to do without it.

Suggested Improvements

Self-cleaning! Other than that it is absolutely perfect for us.

LOVE MY EXCURSION
By netta

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I JUST LOVE MY EXCURSION. I DRIVE 28 MILES ONE WAY TO DROP OFF KIDS TO 4 SCHOOLS AND GAS USAGE IS NOT BAD. THE SPACE IS EXCELLENT I HAVE 5 KIDS MORE THAN ENOUGH ROOM. GETTING IN AND OUT OF REAR SEATS IS GOOD (SEATS ROLL FORWARD.0 QUIET ENGINE GREAT LEG ROOM

Favorite Features

LOVE THE SEATING AND I'M THE KING OF THE ROAD. LOVE THE PICKUP AND STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS AND LOVE THE COLOR.

Suggested Improvements

RIDES A LITTLE BUMPY

HOW TO AMKE NEW FRIENDS!
By RICKKLING

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I LOVE MY EXCURSION, BEST VEHICLE I HGAVE EVER OWNED. I CVAN TOW ALMOST ANYTHING, HAUL 7 PASSENGERS ( AND THEIR LUGGAGE!) GREAT INTERIOR WITH LOADS OF ROOM! AND THE BEST PART IS THAT I AM MAKING NEW FRIENDS AT ALL OF THE GAS STATIONS I HAVE TO STOP AT!

Favorite Features

ROOM, ROOM, AND MORE ROOM!