2004 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Ford Excursion
By Destra on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

The excursion is a great SUV but its fuel economy is very poor. the excursion`s relability needs to improve.The peformance is also bad.How can you pay over $40,000 for an SUV that doesn`t perform well.

7.3 ltr and love it
By tiny wife on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We just got back from 6100 miles trip out west, best mileage 20.1, and 17.6 over all. roomiest vehicle ever owned wolud like diffrent front center console, one that would convert to a seat like some others out there. just rotated tires and balanced them, also checked alignment wasn't off enough to change and brakes looked like they never been used. not bad with 13100 miles in just short of six monthes.it didn't come with a rear sway bar so we added one makes big difference.

2004 Excursion eddie bauer deisel
By deank on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Without a doubt the roomy interior and averaging 17 miles per gallon combined highway and city driving with the powerfull and smooth deisel engine made this an easy decision for me and my towing and cargo needs

Excursion, just Outstanding!!!!!
By cptntims on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I am in the Mining business and drive between 80,000 to 90,000 miles a year and the Excursion has been maintance free except for Oil changes and tires. I currently have 144,000 miles and believe I can push her to 400,000 before any real problems occur. If you buy a Excursion make it a Diesel and not gas. Pretty good considering its weight is just 200 pounds short of 10,000 lbs. If you have never driven one you will feel like "King of the road". If you are in traffic and need to get over, most people are just scared to death of getting hit and let you over with no problems. I can say I will purchase another Excursion in the future.

I love my Excursion
By teatime on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is my 2nd excursion,the first was a v-8 gas, 8-9 mpg around town. We traded it for a Honda van. We got better gas mileage but lost alot of interior room and security of size. We purchased a 2002 excursion ultimate diesel and we Love it. We will not trade it unless we get another excursion diesel. It is a little better on the gas but love the security and inside room. We also had 2 Suburbans, they had brake problems and did not feel as solid in the ride. The whole family loves the excursion over any of the other vehicles we've owned.

oxcursion
By brad summitt on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

i love my truck. it pulls my camper everywhere i go. gas mileage really stinks. (12.2 avg)

Not as bad as you may think!
By SCTommyDC on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is our second Excursion. We frequently take excursions from SoCal into NorCal and Central Cal, delivering finished goods and transporting our two sons. With a quick mod on the air intake, we get 14+ MPG, and this includes 75mph ascent on the grapevine and fully loaded in the cabin! We got 16.3 mpg once on a trip to Vegas and back. It's bigger than other SUV's (Largest), so small cars yield and Semi's see us.

Excursion 2004 Diesel
By gregrys on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Excelent SUV for our family, goes anywhere and does anything with the whole family in style. Just needs small finish quality improvements.

LOVE My Excursion
By TwinMom on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

My Excursion is a 2000 Limited model. We had owned an Eddie Bauer Expendition that we traded for the Excursion. We had 3 children at the time and was expecting our 4th. My other children are older and into a lot of sports, so I needed something that would hold all that. The Expendition has to small storage. I am looking into getting another Excursion. I have heard that they might not make them anymore, so I am waiting for the last year they do. It is my car, I drive it everywhere. It holds everything that I need and keeps me and my children safe. And I love being bigger then everyone else, except for my fellow Excursioners.

Excursions for the future
By Shereespm on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We have always maintained between 14 to 18 mpg even when towing. The ease of getting in and out of the third seat is unbelievable. It is perfect when taking large groups of children because everyone can see the screen on the entertainment package. The turning ratio is better than I could have ever hoped for especially when I am coming from a Dodge Dakota with no turning ratio. We are so totally happy with this vehicle.