Used 2004 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

*****
By montana

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Towing Perfect 10 Space Perfect 10 Gas Mileage 5 12.1 towing 13 normal Power Perfect 10 This SUV is perfect if you need to tow and dont mind the big gas bill. Lots of space and power to do whatever towing job you may need.

Favorite Features

Towing power, space and excellent handling.

Suggested Improvements

Improve seat comfort.

Diesel Excursion
By duner

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Eddie bauer Diesel excursion is a fine truck.18k miles on 6.0 diesel has gobs of power and torque and we get 21 mpg at 70 plus cruising and 10 plus mpg when towering our 9000# toy hauler. We have not had any issues with the truck except for squeeking of the rubber door seals when it was new , these went away after a month or so "worn in i guess" Excellent brakes, added load riderite bags in rear for extra stabiloity and leveling. Its a big truck in the city

Favorite Features

6.o l diesel engine, 5 speed transmission. Brakes are great. Ride quality is really good for this size of truck. handling for a truck

Suggested Improvements

better airfilter approach and implementation. enhance the interior "plusher" build them passed 2004

What are the magazine testers smoking
By Calvin Oppenheimer

2004 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Every review in the automotive press I read said the Excursion was simply awful. I test drove one and bought it the same day. For the first year I used it in my limousine business to haul folks to and from the airport. A feat the Excursion excells at. Unlike the mag testers I have no problem with manuverability at all. I would not expect this vehicle to handle like a Porsche. I can not honestly think of a single complaint. Possible exception was trouble with the in dash 6CD changer & the monitor in the entertainment package. Both were replaced under warranty.

Favorite Features

Back up radar that beeps. Placement and features of tripmeter/mileage/avg fuel consumption computer.

Suggested Improvements

On the top of the dual tailgate the fit and seal between that & the bottom of the window allows sand, dirt, water to collect. CD holder only holds 5 CD's and it has a 6 CD changer???

Excersion Review
By Jim Barron

2004 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very nice car. I hope they can improve it, though I do not think that it needs many improvments.

Favorite Features

I Think that the DVD Player is the best because my kids do not bother me any more.

2004 limited excursion 4wd 6.0diesal
By hurlygirl

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

i was very impressed with the 6.0 diesal,alot of power yet very comfortable,very economical with gas about 13.9 mpg,went from a 2000 v10 lmtd to the new 2004.alot more options with the steering controls,adj pedals,heated seats,programed driver settings,overall the best i think out in the market,there is no competition by far with any other makes. real power only ford can make.

Favorite Features

all the options digital,pedals programmed driver settings the new look,6.0 powerstroke diesal with new transmission,heated seats,new cd disc changer

Suggested Improvements

i dont think there needs to be any improvement,i think they have really outdone themselves