big is better
By sammyk on
2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)
This is the second Excursion I've owned. The first had the V-10 and really bad mileage. The 6.0 diesel is very powerfull and gets GREAT mileage for the size of the vehicle. On the highway, I average 24 MPG at 75 MPH. My Jeep Wrangler gets a paltry 15 MPG's. We have had a few minor, but annoying problems, particularly electrical ( A/C looses power.. just shuts off ) but far less than the problems we had with the 2000 V-10 ( also electrical, interior lights would blink on and off everytime it rained and it rains a lot in FLorida ). Overall, this vehicle represents the best value for people / cargo around.
Favorite Features
Economy, power, comfort, and especially the "feel" of absolute safety, knowing you're the biggest, badest SUV on the road. My 5 foot, 105 lb. wife REALLY loves it ( must be a chick thing ;)
Suggested Improvements
Get the electrical system right !! and redesign the window rims so that water doesn't pour in if you crack open a window in a rainstorm ( even 1/2 an inch ). Wind noise is annoying. Ford should keep building this vehicle, but ONLY offer it in the diesel. GREAT Mileage !!!!