2003 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
great truck
By mikeraymond on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Best big suv on the road - 6.0 Diesel is GREAT - quiet & powerfull. New 5 speed transmission is also great. If more diesels were on the road, we wouldn't have a fuel crisis (30% better than gas). Ford should reconsider their decision to cancel this vehicle, since they added the new 6.0 engine & 5 speed trans. They have a real winner here.

WHAT A TRUCK!
By Tim on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

We just bought our 2003 Excursion, traded in a whimpy burb for it. Outstanding is the word to describe this vehicle. The diesel is awesome. This thing starts in -10 degree weather with no problem. We also love the dvd player.

WHAT A TRUCK!
By Tim Ebert on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

read this
By coolboarder1333 on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

this car was a very good car and it was very dependeble. and you are able to get it for under $60,000 wow!!!

Great luxury livery vehicle.
By Dennis Duggan on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Fuel economy is great if you drive it right. We took it on a 2,300 mile road trip the first week. Though it takes $64.00 to fill the tank with premium gas we averaged over 16 miles to the Gallon. Owning a livery company with Lincoln town cars averaging 18-19 miles to the gallon for the size of the excursion. I think its great!!!

The Biggest and Baddest
By Excursion Lover on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

For all those that think the X is a waste of metal, What else can you haul 8 people in comfort and pull a 33ft 9000lbs trailer and have fun doing it, a Honda? I don't think so. So to all you X haters, I say bring it on!!!!!

My dream SUV
By Mikki on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I love my excursion, after test driving everything I found the excursion the only one to fit all my needs. It will pull a horse trailer, carry my dogs to dog shows, carry all my kids to school and there is plenty of room to prevent fights. I am soooo pleased. I love the looks it gets and the feeling of safety it gives my when I am hauling the kids around.

Big Bad Truck not a SUV
By Edendp on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Had a Lincoln Navigator before but needed more tow power. The diesel is great and I am very happy with it (the wife hates it when I start it up in the garage....)I love the rumble and the power and the milege for such a large vehicle. The ride is very trucky but this is a truck and not a suv. It pulls my triple axle boat trailer and boat (40' long and 9000lbs) with ease. Launching is a pleasure. 4 wheeling is great when hunting but tricky on tight turns in the bush

The best Car Ever.
By Drake~ on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I love my excursion. the man a the dealership said the car got 18 on the highway and 22 in the city and I almost died. We got our 4wd limited edition for 28,270 and they paid the tax tag and title for me. And when you look at it it looks huge. But when you drive it it feels like you are driving a nissan Altima. i love my excursoin and you should looooooooooooooooooove it to!!!!!!! I swear the gas milage is true.

Rill good with awsome sound systenm and
By brjdifjgkdjflkgjdflg on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Rill good the best of road vehicle in any of the ford class