2003 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Ultimate Sportsman's Vehicle
By acobra on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Unbeleivable vehicle for any large family or any sportsman! Able to carry multiple dog kennels and massive amounts of hunting gear or full salmon size coolers and massive amounts of geaar in addition to multiple passengers in comfort!

To bad, so sad, please keep making them
By Bmargetts on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Not for everyone. But if you need the high range people mover that can tow a house. This is the choice.

The Best Beast!
By Adrprk on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Wonderful truck! Plenty of room which = Comfort! Handles very well considering the size. Great pickup (accleration)...no need to worry about short highway ramps, the v10 can haul!!!

6.0 Powerstroke Excursion
By Higgins on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This Excursion with the new 6.0 Powerstroke is absolutely the most powerful vehicle I have ever owned. At the same time I am getting a combined mileage of about 17.5 Mpg. If you want to haul the family in a "big un" this is the vehicle. We love it.

My Big Black X
By Chip on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

This vehicle does it ALL. I sold my RAM2500 4wd V10 and got this. The ram was good, THIS THING IS GREAT. Towing, fuel economy, power...AWESOME!! My wife was terrified to drive it at first (used to her 5 series BMW) but now I have to fight with her to drive it. She loves it. The only problem is I can't fit it in the garage. Oh well. After I lift it, it wouldn't fit in there anyway. Buy one if you're in the market.

My Big Black X
By chip on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

THE BEST EVER
By AUSTIN on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I had home depot forklift a pallet of cement into my excursion. It holds 18 sheets of drywall, 75 2x4's or 750 12"X12" tiles. I can fit 5 people and five mountain bikes in sides with all gear. I tow a tractor and dump trailer with it. It safely takes me and seven guess while pulling a 21 foot 4500lb boat at 80 mph (13.5 mpg) to lake powell and the engine temp dosnt change. drove to vegas with 8 people, stoped for gas once!!! 16.8mpg

I love my X
By esther on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I used to drive a Chrysler mini van and moved up for more space. Diesel is the only way to go with this X. I get better gas mileage with my X than I did with my van. 23 on highways. 19- 20 city. I love all the room and cargo space.

Deisel Powered SUV
By E H on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Fun to drive, a safe well designed SUV. Mine is a 2000 model and is deisel.There's nothing it can't handel on or off road.Oh by the way for all you folks who think it's hard to park in town your wrong I'm a women and can park it better then most guys in pick up trucks. Turning ratio is far better than my last SUV a Suburban 2500. Yes I would buy another one. Also, deisel is cheaper than gas and gets better milage than the gas model. Runs smooth & quite.

Great Family Car
By Jeffrey J. on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

My family and I love our Excursion. We owned a half ton Chevy Suburban prior to the Excursion so naturally the ride of the Suburban was better but that seems to be its only advantage. The features of the Excursion are great. It appears from the outside that it would be hard to drive but once you're in it you feel like you're driving a luxury car. Only very high off the ground. It pulls my 18' ski boat like a dream.