2003 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
read this
By coolboarder1333 on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

this car was a very good car and it was very dependeble. and you are able to get it for under $60,000 wow!!!

The Biggest and Baddest
By Excursion Lover on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

For all those that think the X is a waste of metal, What else can you haul 8 people in comfort and pull a 33ft 9000lbs trailer and have fun doing it, a Honda? I don't think so. So to all you X haters, I say bring it on!!!!!

My dream SUV
By Mikki on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I love my excursion, after test driving everything I found the excursion the only one to fit all my needs. It will pull a horse trailer, carry my dogs to dog shows, carry all my kids to school and there is plenty of room to prevent fights. I am soooo pleased. I love the looks it gets and the feeling of safety it gives my when I am hauling the kids around.

Big Bad Truck not a SUV
By Edendp on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Had a Lincoln Navigator before but needed more tow power. The diesel is great and I am very happy with it (the wife hates it when I start it up in the garage....)I love the rumble and the power and the milege for such a large vehicle. The ride is very trucky but this is a truck and not a suv. It pulls my triple axle boat trailer and boat (40' long and 9000lbs) with ease. Launching is a pleasure. 4 wheeling is great when hunting but tricky on tight turns in the bush

The best Car Ever.
By Drake~ on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I love my excursion. the man a the dealership said the car got 18 on the highway and 22 in the city and I almost died. We got our 4wd limited edition for 28,270 and they paid the tax tag and title for me. And when you look at it it looks huge. But when you drive it it feels like you are driving a nissan Altima. i love my excursoin and you should looooooooooooooooooove it to!!!!!!! I swear the gas milage is true.

Diesel option well worth it.
By jogiba on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

The diesel option on the Excursion is well worth it since it helps it get the highest fuel mileage of any full size SUV.

great for family
By mark johnson on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

We looked for months for the vehicle that would support all of our needs....test drove every sport UT out there. We found what we wanted in the excursion. The excersion is big, well build, comfortable and powerful. The deisel out on the road is smooth and effortless. 4x4 in winter is a tremendous safty feature, inside is plush. We've taken it on a 2000 mile trip to Disney Land, two backpacking trips to the Windriver Mountains in Wyoming plus others. For the few things which have gone wrong, our dealership support has been outstanding. For large active families, who love the outdoors, we highly recommend the excursion.

My first fullsize SUV
By A.J on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I went from a 99 explorer to this and I just love it. I have taken 8 people on a trip and all of them enjoyed the room and the DVD player. The gas mileage is not that bad as everyone would think.