Used 2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned
By igmu

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have the 6.0L. Eddie Bower. I get 22MPG hwy unloaded. This truck can use biodiesel which puts out almost no pollution and saves on foreign oil imports. It make no sense to discontinue this vehicle when it is more enviromentally friendly then a Honda.

Favorite Features

all

Suggested Improvements

The shirts over at Ford need to wake up and quit caving in to all of the wackos who don't have any idea what there talking about.

BIG RIG
By SLINGBLADE

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

IT HAD A STICKER OF 53500 BUT I BOUGHT IT FOR 44000 GOT THE 6.0 LOTS OF POWER THE 560LBS OF TORQUE CAN BE A LITTLE SCARY GET ABOUT 14 AROUND TOWN AND 22 ON THE ROAD AT 70 WITH NO TRAILER BOUGHT IT TO TOW MY 11000LB TRAILER I HOPE MY MILAGE WILL BE AROUND 15 HAD A 3500 GMC AND WAS GETTING ABOUT 7 WITH A GAS ENGINE MY OTHER CARS ARE GERMAN AND THE FORD HAS REAL INTERIOR QUALITY ISSUES COMPARED TO THE AUDI ITS A JOKE BUT I BOUGHT IT TO HAUL SO WE WILL SEE. AFTER 4 WEEKS I HAVE A CD PROBLEM AND A COUPLE OF SQUEEKS BUT THE THING MOVES FOR A 4 TON TRUCK MY FIRST SERVICE IS COMING UP JUST CAUSE I WANT TO CHANGE MY FIRST OIL AT 2000 MILES

Favorite Features

THE ENGINE, THE SIZE, TOWING CAPACITY DON'T F WITH ME

The King
By zerd3000

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have a 2000,2001,2002,and the new 2003 Excursion.I love all of them each year they get better.All of mine are limited excursions,and each with 600 horse power,so speed and power is not an issue.If the stop making them I will be very dissiponted.

Favorite Features

My 28 inch rims and 1500 watt sound system,along with the size and power of all of my excursions.

Suggested Improvements

NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell Ford to continue these
By Ecks Kurshun

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

This is a great vehicle to own

Favorite Features

I love my 7.3 liter v8 powerstroke diesel engine. I wouldn't give anything for this baby.

Suggested Improvements

I think that Ford needs no improvements. They should keep making these perfect suvs.

user impressions
By eridolphi

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The ride is not as good as expected. The seat sits a little higher than the F-250 truck making it more like driving a commercial vehicle. It is rough riding on rough interstate highway. The turning radius is wide. The vehicle does not drive as good as a Suburban but the engine, fuel mileage (18 mpg or better at 72 mph), size of tank, visibility is excellent. The engine runs great, although the first factory re-programing made it run rough and slower than it did before. This is a nice vehicle, a better value than the Suburban. A better seat and driver's position, with a smaller turn radius, would make it great.

Favorite Features

Large fuel tank, engine and transmission. Size elimates most road rage from other drivers. Mileage is better than most other SUV's.

Suggested Improvements

Better front seats, better driver position to steering wheel, smaller turning radius.