2003 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Excursion Rocks!
By Lakerat on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I average 19 mpg on the highway, 16 stop & go, and can carry everybody and their stuff! This is a terrific vehicle, and the diesel is quieter than I expected.

DIESEL POWER THE ONLY WAY
By 6509481 on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

LOTS OF POWER WITH THE 7.3L, UNDER FULL LOAD AND TOWING 7500LB'S, THE BABY GETS UP TO HIGHWAY SPEEDS FAST. WITH NO ONE ELSE BUT THE DRIVER ON BOARD YOU AND BLOW THE DOORS OFF ALMOST ALL SPORTS CARS AND TRUCKS OFF THE LINE AND HANDELS GREAT IN THE TURNS. LOYS OF ROOM FOR LUGGAGE BE HID THE 3RD SEAT. A MUST FOR ANY FAMILY WITH MORE THAN 2 KIDS.

Love this SUV
By Dick Wiehe on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We've driven a Ford Super Duty Crew Cab with a V-10 for 4 years now. Love it and like the EXPEDITION even better. We're retired and are convinced that there's no better platform to travel with and see the sights than these machines. The couple hundred more you pay a year for gas is more than off-set by the great seat you have to the world. Good luck to the folks that are sitting low and hunched down ... we'll take our viewing platform any day!

Like the size, but it isn't for everyone
By Installer on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Love the loadspace, gas pedal and overall size/comfort inside. With 1500 miles we lost our coolant -the factory didn't quite get the hose clamp right - a damaged hose and several days later back owning the road. Can't get past a gas station without a stop -around $65 these days if you let it get to a 1/4. Great hauler. Not for anyone on a budget -pretty sure, as an owner group, we are keeping OPEC running...

Better than the Sub
By jim west on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

my wife was on vacation when i got truck she said what did you get this bus for i have a 02 sub she said what did you get this thing for we go to destin fl. every mo. i said to hall my 7 grand kids to make things short she want let me drive it she says it is hers now she has not drove the sub nomore she just loves it so i will trade the sub for 04 good mi. 22 on the hiway the best truck out their

Beautiful Functionality
By RDK on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Awesome truck, former 6.5L Chevy diesel Suburban owner. Gas mileage takes a bit of getting used to but passing cars going up mountains pulling a 30' travel trailer is a thrill. The V10 WILL do the job if you can afford to put gas in it.

big guy car
By kakis10 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Got diesel fuel economy 17 mpg. at present only complaint vehicle had no rear sway bar. I added one from hellwig big diffence. ford warranty needs to be addressed 3yr/360000 bumper to bumper. 5yr/100000 on drive train which means diesel motor only.

One Awsome SUV....
By 1bigford on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I’ve owned many vehicles in my years. Among them, 4 SUVs. The Excursions by far is the best of the SUVs. At first I hesitated because of its size. After a few short miles I found it to be very easy to drive as did my wife, who now is the primary driver, I only get it on weekends. It has plenty of room and power to spare. I find it hard to believe FORD is discontinuing this vehicle. I found nothing but praise for it in everything I read.

I LOVE MY SUV
By Cindy S on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I love this suv. There is nothing you can't do with this suv. It is great for my kids and friends.

2003 Excursion
By McDuck on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

We really like this rig. I've owned two Suburbans and I like this Excursion much better. I am amazed by the fuel milage with the 7.3 diesel-- 18 to 20 mpg. We got the Eddie Bauer version and the drop down DVD is a huge hit. Might buy a second one if I can get a good enough deal. Only complaint so far is poor visibility out of right side mirror. It would benefit from a larger parabolic mirror.