2003 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
To bad, so sad, please keep making them
By Bmargetts on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Not for everyone. But if you need the high range people mover that can tow a house. This is the choice.

6.0 Powerstroke Excursion
By Higgins on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This Excursion with the new 6.0 Powerstroke is absolutely the most powerful vehicle I have ever owned. At the same time I am getting a combined mileage of about 17.5 Mpg. If you want to haul the family in a "big un" this is the vehicle. We love it.

My Big Black X
By Chip on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

This vehicle does it ALL. I sold my RAM2500 4wd V10 and got this. The ram was good, THIS THING IS GREAT. Towing, fuel economy, power...AWESOME!! My wife was terrified to drive it at first (used to her 5 series BMW) but now I have to fight with her to drive it. She loves it. The only problem is I can't fit it in the garage. Oh well. After I lift it, it wouldn't fit in there anyway. Buy one if you're in the market.

My Big Black X
By chip on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

THE BEST EVER
By AUSTIN on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I had home depot forklift a pallet of cement into my excursion. It holds 18 sheets of drywall, 75 2x4's or 750 12"X12" tiles. I can fit 5 people and five mountain bikes in sides with all gear. I tow a tractor and dump trailer with it. It safely takes me and seven guess while pulling a 21 foot 4500lb boat at 80 mph (13.5 mpg) to lake powell and the engine temp dosnt change. drove to vegas with 8 people, stoped for gas once!!! 16.8mpg

I love my X
By esther on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I used to drive a Chrysler mini van and moved up for more space. Diesel is the only way to go with this X. I get better gas mileage with my X than I did with my van. 23 on highways. 19- 20 city. I love all the room and cargo space.

Deisel Powered SUV
By E H on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Fun to drive, a safe well designed SUV. Mine is a 2000 model and is deisel.There's nothing it can't handel on or off road.Oh by the way for all you folks who think it's hard to park in town your wrong I'm a women and can park it better then most guys in pick up trucks. Turning ratio is far better than my last SUV a Suburban 2500. Yes I would buy another one. Also, deisel is cheaper than gas and gets better milage than the gas model. Runs smooth & quite.

great truck
By mikeraymond on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Best big suv on the road - 6.0 Diesel is GREAT - quiet & powerfull. New 5 speed transmission is also great. If more diesels were on the road, we wouldn't have a fuel crisis (30% better than gas). Ford should reconsider their decision to cancel this vehicle, since they added the new 6.0 engine & 5 speed trans. They have a real winner here.

WHAT A TRUCK!
By Tim on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

We just bought our 2003 Excursion, traded in a whimpy burb for it. Outstanding is the word to describe this vehicle. The diesel is awesome. This thing starts in -10 degree weather with no problem. We also love the dvd player.

WHAT A TRUCK!
By Tim Ebert on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)