2003 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews 3

2003 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
superior
By marie sanchez on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

i love my 2003 excursion. the only negative comment i can think of is its bad in gas. other then that the ride is nice the appearnace is there.

Diesel
By bluewaterangler on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is awesome. With the 7.3 turbo diesel I am averaging 18 mpg in the city and 28 on the highway. The comfort level is tops.

The Greatest SUV Out There
By Jamal on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My experience with vehicle is is all good. it takes the road like it onws it. ther is nothing like the Excursion.idrove the sub. and the deni xl they don't even compare.

MY 4TH EXCURSION
By TONY COX on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I LIVE IN TEXAS WHERE IT IS TURE WE TRAVEL 22 MILES JUST FOR BREAKFAST. THIS VEHICLE IS AN EXCEPTIONAL VALUE FOR CAMPING AND TRAVELING, TOWING. THIS NEW 6.0 DIESEL IS QUITE AND HAS PLENTY OF GO POWER. THE BEST NEW FEATURE IS THE 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION. VERY COMFORTABLE OVER LONG DISTANT EXCURSIONS.

2003 Excursion 6.0L
By dancon on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased this vehicle because the other one's, Hummer,Suburban,Explorer,etc. have all downsized the interior room. My head hit the ceiling on almost all the other ones.

Luxury at it's best
By MrC on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Since I bought my 2002 Ford Excursion, I love to travel in it, because of it's safety rating, and comfort. It handles good, and has power to spare. The gas mileage isn't to bad for the size and weight of the vehicle. It is big enough to carry my whole family in comfort, along with anything we may want to take along. It has the power to pull most trailers without any problem. Suspension a little stiff on rough roads, but still rides good.

FORDS BEST KEPT SECRET
By Arthur Martin on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The Excursion is the best kept secret. the 6.0 Turbo Diesel gets excellent fuel mileage, I don't know where the critics get there 411 on fuel economy? I wouyld take an Excursion over a Suburban any day.

6.0 Diesel Works For Me
By jberg on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought my Excursion in June and have put on 8200 miles since. Most use is at 75 to 80 mph on highway trips without a trailer. On those trips, I get over 20 mpg. I have a 28' transporter which I use to haul ATV's and camp in. With the loaded trailer behind it, the mpg drops down to 11. I can pull the trailer both up and down hill as fast as I care to.

Great Family and Tow Unit.
By Gopher19432003 on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We use our Excursion for family vacations and towing a 35' travel trailer. This is a wonderful vehicle. It is well made, powerful, quiet and gets surprisingly good mileage. On diesel fuel, we average 18 MPG in town and 22 on the highway. When pulling the trailer, highway mileage drops to 19. I have never had a vehicle that can handle a trailer this large with such ease. I can drive all day and not fell beat.

I love this car!!
By carrie6yoga on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I needed more room. And I like fords. So this rig really won me over, it looks better than the suburban and pulls better too!