2003 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
2003 Excursion
By McDuck on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

We really like this rig. I've owned two Suburbans and I like this Excursion much better. I am amazed by the fuel milage with the 7.3 diesel-- 18 to 20 mpg. We got the Eddie Bauer version and the drop down DVD is a huge hit. Might buy a second one if I can get a good enough deal. Only complaint so far is poor visibility out of right side mirror. It would benefit from a larger parabolic mirror.

Power!
By skypilot on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I've had the X for 2 months and 7000 miles now; still great! Power up the wahzoo, pulls our 5000 lb. boat like it's not even there. Wanders though... steering is vague and directional control is minimal, it just doesn't want to go straight down the road, gotta pay attention all the time. The 6.0 engine is the only way to go, 16.5-21 mpg, kills anything you'll see from the other engines.

Incredable change
By Rando C on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I just purchased my excursion and absolutely love it. I have an explorer that I have had since 97. I have enjoyed it but needed extra room. Based on my experience with Ford, I knew I was going with a Ford. I just had to decide between expedition and the excursion. Bowditch treated extremely well during the whole process. They were ready for me when I came in. I handled most of my dealing over the net. I don't think I will look back. We are already getting as good of mileage as the explorer. Thanks so much to Ford again and to Bowditch. Two great partners....

The Best TRUCK
By wildside8284 on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

If you love trucks and are not a mini van type person this is the best!! It is a real truck and not an suv. I am a mom of 3 and love trucks this is the best. I get better fuel milage than with my jeep that I had!

real truck not suv
By kitone on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

this is a real truck you have to like trucks to have one it is great for the family of 5 and boat I love it thanks

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned
By igmu on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have the 6.0L. Eddie Bower. I get 22MPG hwy unloaded. This truck can use biodiesel which puts out almost no pollution and saves on foreign oil imports. It make no sense to discontinue this vehicle when it is more enviromentally friendly then a Honda.

BIG RIG
By SLINGBLADE on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

IT HAD A STICKER OF 53500 BUT I BOUGHT IT FOR 44000 GOT THE 6.0 LOTS OF POWER THE 560LBS OF TORQUE CAN BE A LITTLE SCARY GET ABOUT 14 AROUND TOWN AND 22 ON THE ROAD AT 70 WITH NO TRAILER BOUGHT IT TO TOW MY 11000LB TRAILER I HOPE MY MILAGE WILL BE AROUND 15 HAD A 3500 GMC AND WAS GETTING ABOUT 7 WITH A GAS ENGINE MY OTHER CARS ARE GERMAN AND THE FORD HAS REAL INTERIOR QUALITY ISSUES COMPARED TO THE AUDI ITS A JOKE BUT I BOUGHT IT TO HAUL SO WE WILL SEE. AFTER 4 WEEKS I HAVE A CD PROBLEM AND A COUPLE OF SQUEEKS BUT THE THING MOVES FOR A 4 TON TRUCK MY FIRST SERVICE IS COMING UP JUST CAUSE I WANT TO CHANGE MY FIRST OIL AT 2000 MILES

The King
By zerd3000 on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have a 2000,2001,2002,and the new 2003 Excursion.I love all of them each year they get better.All of mine are limited excursions,and each with 600 horse power,so speed and power is not an issue.If the stop making them I will be very dissiponted.

Please tell Ford to continue these
By Ecks Kurshun on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

This is a great vehicle to own

user impressions
By eridolphi on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The ride is not as good as expected. The seat sits a little higher than the F-250 truck making it more like driving a commercial vehicle. It is rough riding on rough interstate highway. The turning radius is wide. The vehicle does not drive as good as a Suburban but the engine, fuel mileage (18 mpg or better at 72 mph), size of tank, visibility is excellent. The engine runs great, although the first factory re-programing made it run rough and slower than it did before. This is a nice vehicle, a better value than the Suburban. A better seat and driver's position, with a smaller turn radius, would make it great.