2003 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Long Live the Beast
By Forest on 08/13/09 20:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2003 Excursion Limited 6.0 diesel new in September 2003. It does double duty as the company truck and the family hauler. We tow our 34' 10,000 lb trailer on long family vacations. Estimate that we have towed the travel trailer at least 30,000 miles since 2003. Everybody is comfortable on long road trips and we have plenty of room left over. We did one ski trip to Colorado with only the truck and 6 people (and all equipment) on board. Went 75 mph and got over 18 mpg for the trip. Truck is very stable in slippery conditions. It is a bit clumsy around town, but heck--it is a truck. Too bad we may never see such a vehicle sold for the American family again.

Love our X!
By New Jersey on 06/05/09 06:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We use this vehicle for daily use, trips and to tow our 33ft TT. We could not be happier, Gas mileage is awesome with the Diesel. My wife loves driving this thing daily and we love the space we have when traveling. The DVD player has saved us many times on trips. Our stock tires (The Pirelli's) lasted us 85,000 miles and I am still on the stock brake pads. Buy one before they are all gone!

Best SUV Around
By Ed Riley on 02/28/05 20:04 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Excursion. We have traveled nationwide with a family of six and all were comfortable. It handles great in mountains or deserts. I get about 20 mpg on the highway and 15 mpg in town.

Love my Excursion
By andi lee on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second Excursion we have owned. Our first model had the 7.3 diesel engine and was a 2000 model. We loved it too but was a bit noisey. After the new 6.0 diesel was available we opted for this newer model. This is a traveler's dream. We average about 18mpg overall (includes intown miles). It is very comfortable and can get our entire family and "stuff" in the vehicle. It also pulls the hound out of a cattle trailer. Love my Excursion!

Great SUV
By Sailer on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is a great family truck for those who tow. Room is a big plus. Mileage is good in the diesel. Avgerage 18 highway 16 city. Towing avg is 12.

Diesel
By bluewaterangler on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is awesome. With the 7.3 turbo diesel I am averaging 18 mpg in the city and 28 on the highway. The comfort level is tops.

The Greatest SUV Out There
By Jamal on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My experience with vehicle is is all good. it takes the road like it onws it. ther is nothing like the Excursion.idrove the sub. and the deni xl they don't even compare.