2003 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
MY 4TH EXCURSION
By TONY COX on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I LIVE IN TEXAS WHERE IT IS TURE WE TRAVEL 22 MILES JUST FOR BREAKFAST. THIS VEHICLE IS AN EXCEPTIONAL VALUE FOR CAMPING AND TRAVELING, TOWING. THIS NEW 6.0 DIESEL IS QUITE AND HAS PLENTY OF GO POWER. THE BEST NEW FEATURE IS THE 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION. VERY COMFORTABLE OVER LONG DISTANT EXCURSIONS.

2003 Excursion 6.0L
By dancon on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased this vehicle because the other one's, Hummer,Suburban,Explorer,etc. have all downsized the interior room. My head hit the ceiling on almost all the other ones.

FORDS BEST KEPT SECRET
By Arthur Martin on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The Excursion is the best kept secret. the 6.0 Turbo Diesel gets excellent fuel mileage, I don't know where the critics get there 411 on fuel economy? I wouyld take an Excursion over a Suburban any day.

6.0 Diesel Works For Me
By jberg on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought my Excursion in June and have put on 8200 miles since. Most use is at 75 to 80 mph on highway trips without a trailer. On those trips, I get over 20 mpg. I have a 28' transporter which I use to haul ATV's and camp in. With the loaded trailer behind it, the mpg drops down to 11. I can pull the trailer both up and down hill as fast as I care to.

Great Family and Tow Unit.
By Gopher19432003 on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We use our Excursion for family vacations and towing a 35' travel trailer. This is a wonderful vehicle. It is well made, powerful, quiet and gets surprisingly good mileage. On diesel fuel, we average 18 MPG in town and 22 on the highway. When pulling the trailer, highway mileage drops to 19. I have never had a vehicle that can handle a trailer this large with such ease. I can drive all day and not fell beat.

I love this car!!
By carrie6yoga on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I needed more room. And I like fords. So this rig really won me over, it looks better than the suburban and pulls better too!

Excursion Rocks!
By Lakerat on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I average 19 mpg on the highway, 16 stop & go, and can carry everybody and their stuff! This is a terrific vehicle, and the diesel is quieter than I expected.

DIESEL POWER THE ONLY WAY
By 6509481 on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

LOTS OF POWER WITH THE 7.3L, UNDER FULL LOAD AND TOWING 7500LB'S, THE BABY GETS UP TO HIGHWAY SPEEDS FAST. WITH NO ONE ELSE BUT THE DRIVER ON BOARD YOU AND BLOW THE DOORS OFF ALMOST ALL SPORTS CARS AND TRUCKS OFF THE LINE AND HANDELS GREAT IN THE TURNS. LOYS OF ROOM FOR LUGGAGE BE HID THE 3RD SEAT. A MUST FOR ANY FAMILY WITH MORE THAN 2 KIDS.

Better than the Sub
By jim west on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

my wife was on vacation when i got truck she said what did you get this bus for i have a 02 sub she said what did you get this thing for we go to destin fl. every mo. i said to hall my 7 grand kids to make things short she want let me drive it she says it is hers now she has not drove the sub nomore she just loves it so i will trade the sub for 04 good mi. 22 on the hiway the best truck out their

big guy car
By kakis10 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Got diesel fuel economy 17 mpg. at present only complaint vehicle had no rear sway bar. I added one from hellwig big diffence. ford warranty needs to be addressed 3yr/360000 bumper to bumper. 5yr/100000 on drive train which means diesel motor only.