2002 Ford Excursion Consumer Review: 2002 Excursion: Great truck!

2002 Ford Excursion - Consumer Review

2002 Excursion: Great truck!
By David D. on

2002 Ford Excursion XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I bought this XLT beast with the V10. Well appointed. I have the need for a big SUV because I have 4 kids and travel often. I have a 2009 SUBURBAN LTZ that I keep for special occasions. The Excursion is my utility work horse. There is no comparison to the ride, Chevy is more car like while the Excursion handles like a truck. I like the extra room the Excursion offers and the power plant is far more responsive then the Chevy. Gas MPG averages 13 while the Chevy averages just over 16. The cabin is a bit more quite with no wind shearing, but city driving can be stiff as a result of the solid axles. The truck is well built and when your on the road its obvious that you're the biggest! RESPECT!

Its size and interior space are tops. The highway ride and performance is top notch! Solid as they come and extremely safe for the most precious cargo...my children. When your on the road the respect you get is well noted. No tailgaters, and cars stay clear. Not even my Suburban gets that!

The ride is rough empty..which is not what I typically use it for. When loaded is eases up and bumps are softened.