Used 2002 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Biggest and best on the road
By 155gunner

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I love this SUV! The view is awesome and the interior room is big enough to live in. I can easily transport my family, cats, ferret, and Saint Bernard and still not feel crowded. The V10 has plenty of power for my needs and the mileage is not that bad considering the thing weighs close to 8,000 pounds and is 4WD. I get 11 mpg in town and 15 mpg highway, with the AC running full blast. If you need room and want a little more safety from a large vehice, this one's for you.

Separate air conditioning and heater controls for the back seats, back-up sensors, numerous powerpoints throughout, comfortable seating, 44 gallon fuel tank.

Rear anti-sway bar and driver-side handle on pillar, both of which were added to the 2003 model. .

It's Almost Perfect
By Deej

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I bought this expecting to have all the room in the world. I do! The only thing that takes some getting used to is the stiffer ride than I had in my F- 150. With the V10 I have all the power I want and then some and it gets the same mileage no matter what. Towing or touring it is consistant. Including it's huge range, it is a really good buggy.

The accessories available to the folks in the rear seats are very nice to have and save squabbles about entertainment.

It should not ride so much like a truck ... at these prices it isn't one and should ride like the $50,000 it is.

Opinion
By G. Garton

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Great truck, but it has been in the shop twice for electrical breakdowns. First the accelerator went out, then the alternator and batteries. Thank goodness for warranty service, but what a pain. But, it a a glorious vehicle to drive and tow my toys.

Great stereo, pulls trailers great, comfortable. I don't think it drives like a uhaul at all, great acceleration for a large diesel.

Design passenger seat back six inches so mirror is not obstructed by passenger.

Dont Do iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By big texan

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My excursion is terrible. I have had it 4 months and it has been in shop 11 times. I am trying to get it lemon lawed as we speak. The powerstroke is a great motor ans when it wasnt in the shop performed well but it really hasnt been out of the shop much. Buy the ESV instead. Ford SUCKS!

powerstroke

Everything else!

I Love this Truck
By Goodguy

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have evr owned. Buy one, you will love it. I get 18 mpg in the city and 20 mpg on the highway. I have the powerstroke so their is huge power on tap. My 8000 lb trailer and 5 adults does not even phase this vehicle's power in the Monutains on Colorado. I have 50,000 on my 2002 and everything works the same as the day I bought it. In a family of 10 truck / SUV owners, I was the only vehicle that did not get stuck in our last snow storm in Colorado. We got 3 feet of snow and the Excursion went through it like a hot knife through butter. I drove the whole family around to get what they needed in the storm. I love this thing!

I love the room, the power, the reliability, and over all quality

Not a thing! It is perfect!