Used 2002 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Excursion SUV

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

This Truck ROCKS!
By Cory Johnson

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

WHAT A TRUCK. I will say that it is worth it to go for the diesel engine. not only is the fuel economy great considering the size of the vehicle but the sound is incredible! It gets about the same mileage as my01 Cherokee. get the 4wd. it's handy in the winter and itloods tough. Its amazing in the snow. AMAZING! its more comfortable and easier to drive than expected. Diesel is typically cheaper than gasoline. It is a little tough to park. I'll get over it.small price to pay. If you are thinking about buying one DO IT! You wont regret it the diesel has a standard 100k warranty and everyone tells me that the diesel willrun a half a million miles.

EXC
By lj1691

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Excursion for over 2 years and so far no major problems. I wish I had gotten the beeping bumper because I did back into a pole. That option is well worth it. The only other problem I had is that someone broke into the car on the driver's side. Nothing was taken and since I was not out there I am not sure if the alarm went off or not.

Favorite Features

Over head air vents and extra cigarette lighter adapters.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage if possible. Automatic back seat instead of having to pull it at and put it somewhere when you need the extra room.

Great Vehicle to Drive
By OMB

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We love our Excursion! We use it to tow a boat as well as a horse trailer. This is a great tow vehicle. Very comfortabe on trips, it has a great ride on the highway and has tons of power under the hood!

Favorite Features

The purse hook,room for a crowd,ride and the power of the V10 under the hood.

Suggested Improvements

Although, not the worst I've sat in the front seats could be a bit more comfortable.

satisfied customer
By smatre

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven my diesel excursion for 71,000 trouble free miles. Used it from around town to towing, etc. I have towed 11,500 lbs from Sebrign, Fl to NC with the cruise on. My wife even drove!! It has been reliable, inexpensive vehicle to own. A little laborious to use to run to the grocery store, but if you are o the highway, it is a great truck. Pluses. Doesn't hydroplane in the WORST rainstorms, Great power 20+ MPG highway Good brakes for a vehicle of this size Handles ANY tagalong trailer you can throw at it. Good seating position drawbacks: Don't rush to get anywhere or you could get into trouble Probably could handle a little better.

Favorite Features

Diesel, crisp transmission, rear heat controls, rear vent windows, headlights (good light at night)

Suggested Improvements

Technically? a little less weight could be managed. More sophisticated front and rear suspension would improve handling and ride.

Big Blue
By dagger

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Comfortable, competent on road hauler. V-10 gives great power, little sacrifice to mileage. MUST get 4X4 in snowbelt!! (not great in RWD in snow) Watch the parking garage heights!! Not sporty, but swallows 8 people, plus their stuff (Hurray for George Carlin and "stuff") Delivers what the Hummer H2 and Suburban/Yukon XL promise

Favorite Features

V-10 and 4.11:1 Limited slip rear!!

Suggested Improvements

Tighter turning radius