2002 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews 6

2002 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Excursion Stud of a SUV Baby!
By Puller1 on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

What a stud pulling machine. I had the chev sub for years and killed it with my toys. Then the tahoe and did the same. I really use these vehicles and pull toys all over, state to state. This powerstroke is one hell of a motor and great mpg too. It kills the sub. I'm getting 12 to 14 city and 19 ish hwy. wow smokes the chev's. I had it custom lifted 4" and placed 315's on it. Good Bilstein shock, but nothing to crazy. Wow it handles great and smooth. No dives in the cornes and can run over a house. If you really use your vehicles and want pulling power and long lasting features, get the powerstroke excursion.

2002 EXCURSION LIMITED
By nbrooks1 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I pull a 25 foot Airstream with my Ex. Acceleration and braking are excellent while towing. I like the idea of sitting up high and over-looking the traffic ahead. The overall ride is very good and the extra room inside my rig is great. This SUV is not for everyone, but it is perfect for my family.

XLT PREMIUM EXCURSION
By RSCOTT on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy it very much..each fill up gets better mpg..for as big as it is..smaller trucks wish they got the same mpg.. city/fwy...18/21

Two excursion owner
By jagmatt on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We have owned numerous suv's & you show me something better I will buy it. Don't even try the suburban game, my wife and I made that mistake. Our suburban with the 8.1L only got 9 mpg. Our Excursions with the V10 gets 11.6 in the city. Buy a hybrid if you can't afford the gas.

Buyer Beware
By burnside2000 on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Stay away from this one at all costs. Typical FORD (fixed or repaired daily) and rides, handles and looks like a brick. I think FORD must be paying all the other reviewers here.

NOT A GREAT CHOICE!
By Hajr on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

THIS SUV IS THE GREATEST GAS GUZZLER I HAVE EVER SEEN. 7.6L ENGINE WILL SPIT YOUR GAS OUT IN AN INSTANT! I AGREE IT'S SPACIOUS, BUT THE RELIABILITY IS VERY LOW JUDGING THAT AFTER 2-3 YEARS OF USE, THE VALUE OF IS GOING TO DROP LOWWWW. STICK WITH A SEQUOIA AND TRUST TOYOTA'S ENGINE....AND AFTER ALL...IT'S A FORD!!!! IT'LL BREAK APART SO FAST YOU WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT HIT YOU. I'M NO FORD HATER BUT USING REAL EVIDENCE OF FORD'S RELIABILITY, I CAN SAY THAT IT IS VERY POOR.

The Beast
By Inocencio Ramirez on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The Beast is a pleasure to drive. Its a vehicle that demands respect everywhere you go. Other cars move out of the way especially on the highway. I bought the Beast to carry my four kids in. I took a drive to Disneyland as well as Mexico, and it gave me an average of 15 miles a gallon at speeds of 80-85. I bought the 7.3 Liter diesel. No smogging to do and I've been told the engines last a long time.

IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS
By sjhflipper on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

The best vehicle I've owned!!! I have owned the competition and my Excursion has far exceeded all my expectations. The Powerstroke is highly recommended and the resulting fuel economy is well worth the extra money for the engine (15.5/18.0 MPG I'm a leadfoot).

Great SUV
By SUV Man on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This Excursion is a great SUV. Runs very good, rides great, and tows anything you have. It does get poorer mileage, but not that bad. A Suburban doesn't come close with it's cheap, rattling interior and poor overall quality.

great truck
By tony t on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

this mamoth of a truck for its overall size & weight is a excellent all around pleasure & workhorse..its trucky ride is acceptable because its feeling of safety and underbody strenth..on smooth roads it rides pleasurable..steering & braking are a little trucky but turning this beast is no problem....the turbo diesel engine is worth the extra money..its power is unbelievable and fuel economy under loaded conditions is about 16 mpg... a tight well built vehicle,no rattles or squeaks..