2002 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews 6

2002 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Only way to FLY!!!
By granite_trckr on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Although I have experienced trouble with my gas tank, the vehicle to date, has been a pleasure. The console could use a lock for privacy. The engine has ample power but my 32' travel trailer really tugs on it at 80 Mph.

No Regrets!
By Big E Afficionado on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We recently bought this Big E after many months of contemplation.(We also looked at the Sequoia and the Expedition, but there was no comparison!) After several test drives all over the state, we took the plunge. Now that we own it, we take it everywhere! Other Big E owners wave as we go by, not to mention the respect you get on the road!. Fuel mileage is incredible...16 city and 20 hwy going 65mpg (with hills).The sound of the diesel motor, inside the cabin, under normal driving conditions, is minimal. I would buy this vehicle again,and again, and again!

XXL SUV
By Kelo on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We needed the third row seat and storage space behind it for the baby, dog, and all the gear that goes with them. Drove everything else including the Suburban. Came down to size and options. Love the ride and performance. Drove a Dodge Ram before this and its just as easy to park. If you dont like trucks, get a minivan. This is the XXL SUV. Love it.

Excursion Stud of a SUV Baby!
By Puller1 on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

What a stud pulling machine. I had the chev sub for years and killed it with my toys. Then the tahoe and did the same. I really use these vehicles and pull toys all over, state to state. This powerstroke is one hell of a motor and great mpg too. It kills the sub. I'm getting 12 to 14 city and 19 ish hwy. wow smokes the chev's. I had it custom lifted 4" and placed 315's on it. Good Bilstein shock, but nothing to crazy. Wow it handles great and smooth. No dives in the cornes and can run over a house. If you really use your vehicles and want pulling power and long lasting features, get the powerstroke excursion.

2002 EXCURSION LIMITED
By nbrooks1 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I pull a 25 foot Airstream with my Ex. Acceleration and braking are excellent while towing. I like the idea of sitting up high and over-looking the traffic ahead. The overall ride is very good and the extra room inside my rig is great. This SUV is not for everyone, but it is perfect for my family.

XLT PREMIUM EXCURSION
By RSCOTT on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy it very much..each fill up gets better mpg..for as big as it is..smaller trucks wish they got the same mpg.. city/fwy...18/21

Two excursion owner
By jagmatt on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We have owned numerous suv's & you show me something better I will buy it. Don't even try the suburban game, my wife and I made that mistake. Our suburban with the 8.1L only got 9 mpg. Our Excursions with the V10 gets 11.6 in the city. Buy a hybrid if you can't afford the gas.

Buyer Beware
By burnside2000 on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Stay away from this one at all costs. Typical FORD (fixed or repaired daily) and rides, handles and looks like a brick. I think FORD must be paying all the other reviewers here.

NOT A GREAT CHOICE!
By Hajr on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

THIS SUV IS THE GREATEST GAS GUZZLER I HAVE EVER SEEN. 7.6L ENGINE WILL SPIT YOUR GAS OUT IN AN INSTANT! I AGREE IT'S SPACIOUS, BUT THE RELIABILITY IS VERY LOW JUDGING THAT AFTER 2-3 YEARS OF USE, THE VALUE OF IS GOING TO DROP LOWWWW. STICK WITH A SEQUOIA AND TRUST TOYOTA'S ENGINE....AND AFTER ALL...IT'S A FORD!!!! IT'LL BREAK APART SO FAST YOU WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT HIT YOU. I'M NO FORD HATER BUT USING REAL EVIDENCE OF FORD'S RELIABILITY, I CAN SAY THAT IT IS VERY POOR.

The Beast
By Inocencio Ramirez on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The Beast is a pleasure to drive. Its a vehicle that demands respect everywhere you go. Other cars move out of the way especially on the highway. I bought the Beast to carry my four kids in. I took a drive to Disneyland as well as Mexico, and it gave me an average of 15 miles a gallon at speeds of 80-85. I bought the 7.3 Liter diesel. No smogging to do and I've been told the engines last a long time.