2002 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Opinion
By G. Garton on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Great truck, but it has been in the shop twice for electrical breakdowns. First the accelerator went out, then the alternator and batteries. Thank goodness for warranty service, but what a pain. But, it a a glorious vehicle to drive and tow my toys.

Dont Do iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By big texan on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My excursion is terrible. I have had it 4 months and it has been in shop 11 times. I am trying to get it lemon lawed as we speak. The powerstroke is a great motor ans when it wasnt in the shop performed well but it really hasnt been out of the shop much. Buy the ESV instead. Ford SUCKS!

I Love this Truck
By Goodguy on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have evr owned. Buy one, you will love it. I get 18 mpg in the city and 20 mpg on the highway. I have the powerstroke so their is huge power on tap. My 8000 lb trailer and 5 adults does not even phase this vehicle's power in the Monutains on Colorado. I have 50,000 on my 2002 and everything works the same as the day I bought it. In a family of 10 truck / SUV owners, I was the only vehicle that did not get stuck in our last snow storm in Colorado. We got 3 feet of snow and the Excursion went through it like a hot knife through butter. I drove the whole family around to get what they needed in the storm. I love this thing!

I Love this Truck
By goodguy on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

my wife loves it more than me
By cinda on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I thought I would have to really sell my wife on this huge truck. We looked at everything on the market and brought half of it home for overnight evaluations.tried the v10 ended up with the power stroke diesel! we wanted lots of room for traveling and wanted something safe for the kids.Bought the LTD with every option

Excursion
By wlittl9466 on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I have the V-10 powerplant. Very good engine which has all the power you would ever need. The ride is stiff around town due to the F-250 heavy duty frame the Excursion sits on. However, the highway is where this truck really shines. It is very smooth and stable with little wind noise. I modified the engine with a Flowmaster dual exhaust and high flow air filter which improved fuel economy dramatically. Fuel mileage increased from 11c/14h to 13c/16h, which is as good as the Suburban but with more pulling power.

Ford Excursion
By jmk on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This car is great and can hold up to 8 adults or 9 (kids) very comfortably. In fact one friend, while riding in the very back row said he felt like he was in another time zone or zip code. Only thing that new attention is the fan for the rear seats. Dials and controls are there but it is really controlled by the front seat controls. A little misleading.

MOM NEEDED MORE ROOM
By mom of 3 on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This the best suv I have ever driven. Love the Excursion, would definitly buy another. We are a family of 5 and all are tall. Has the most enormous amount of space and leg room. Traveling is great again... Wouldn't buy any other

DON"T DO IT
By mikey1971 on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this behemoth becuase at the time it was the rage.Now I wonder what drug I was using at that time.Gas milage is a term we do not use,and the interior has pieces falling apart constantly.Only 54,000 miles and already had in shop twice for intake gasket and fuel pump(V-10).Poor excuse for a large SUV.If you insist on Ford,than get the diesel engine.Otherwise get a Chevy or GMC like I did 2 months ago.By the way,don't be surprised if you get laughed at when you tell the dealer you thought it "was worth more than that" on trade.Be prepared to take a beating on trade in value!!I am trying to sell mine private, and have had 0 calls on it.I wonder why?!@#.

I love It
By YOUR-IT on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck...And I mean TRUCK If you are scared of trucks then this is not for you. This is for the PROs!! You just don't go from a small car to this XXL Truck. Work you way up, If you rush it you will not like it..(Like Sex) Parking no problem and I live in the city...But I will not dive it downtown...But I also would not dive my mini van downtown.