2002 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
satisfied customer
By smatre on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven my diesel excursion for 71,000 trouble free miles. Used it from around town to towing, etc. I have towed 11,500 lbs from Sebrign, Fl to NC with the cruise on. My wife even drove!! It has been reliable, inexpensive vehicle to own. A little laborious to use to run to the grocery store, but if you are o the highway, it is a great truck. Pluses. Doesn't hydroplane in the WORST rainstorms, Great power 20+ MPG highway Good brakes for a vehicle of this size Handles ANY tagalong trailer you can throw at it. Good seating position drawbacks: Don't rush to get anywhere or you could get into trouble Probably could handle a little better.

Big Blue
By dagger on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Comfortable, competent on road hauler. V-10 gives great power, little sacrifice to mileage. MUST get 4X4 in snowbelt!! (not great in RWD in snow) Watch the parking garage heights!! Not sporty, but swallows 8 people, plus their stuff (Hurray for George Carlin and "stuff") Delivers what the Hummer H2 and Suburban/Yukon XL promise

Outstanding
By RyanWSM on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice. Can haul 9 people and gear anywhere...mud, snow...no problem. Plenty of HP with the V10. No brainer to pick the Excursion over the suburban.

Buy Diesel!!!
By Joe's Wife on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought the 7.3L Powerstroke diesel engine for trailering our toys (boats/4wheelers/snowmobiles) and hauling our great dane dog. We get 19.3 avg miles on the highway 17.5 in the city after our 5,000 mile break in. Looked at Chevys, Toyota, Lexus & BMW - the diesel is a tried and true engine. My father in law has a Ford F250 with 135k on it and my brother in law has a F350 with 160k. Engines still running perfectly.

Great Truck
By Quidiber on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

41000 miles and not one single problem.Never been back to the dealer since purchased.Great truck for the money

Wow!
By Marcy on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car so far! I bought it used with 52,000 miles. It has the 7.3L Turbo Diesel and it seems that it will continue driving strong for a long time to come. I'm 6 feet tall and this is the car I was meant to drive because of it's comfort, reliability and luxuriousness. I won't want a new car for a very long time! Thanks Ford!

Great truck
By DRobinson on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have put 40K miles on it, I pull a 20ft ski boat with 8 passengers and full load. I am seeing 11.4 MPG pulling boat and 15.8 MPG without boat. Ciy driving economy drops to 10 MPG. This truck is very comfortable, easy to drive, very powerful and has a great turning radius. I have driven the Suburban, there is no comparison. Ford has replaced the torque converter for a noise problem and the front hus due to a thunk when turning. I would buy another one...Order rear warning system, it is difficult to see behind you...

Biggest and best on the road
By 155gunner on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I love this SUV! The view is awesome and the interior room is big enough to live in. I can easily transport my family, cats, ferret, and Saint Bernard and still not feel crowded. The V10 has plenty of power for my needs and the mileage is not that bad considering the thing weighs close to 8,000 pounds and is 4WD. I get 11 mpg in town and 15 mpg highway, with the AC running full blast. If you need room and want a little more safety from a large vehice, this one's for you.

It's Almost Perfect
By Deej on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I bought this expecting to have all the room in the world. I do! The only thing that takes some getting used to is the stiffer ride than I had in my F- 150. With the V10 I have all the power I want and then some and it gets the same mileage no matter what. Towing or touring it is consistant. Including it's huge range, it is a really good buggy.

Opinion
By G. Garton on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Great truck, but it has been in the shop twice for electrical breakdowns. First the accelerator went out, then the alternator and batteries. Thank goodness for warranty service, but what a pain. But, it a a glorious vehicle to drive and tow my toys.