2002 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Ford SUV
By Mike on 12/01/06 19:40 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Been a Ford fan my whole life; this monster of an SUV has never failed me what so ever. For the size it's got good mpg, and it can have plenty of people in them at once. It can tow just about any thing a truck can as well, which is good for me because I love to go camping in a camper and take my boat places.

The bomb diggity
By Dave on 04/08/06 14:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This truck is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It's big, bad, and hungry for fun. I have five kids in it at all times and we love it. I hope I can find a new one in the future. We've had maintenance issues only and it has 80,000+ miles.

Either you LOVE IT or you HATE IT...
By Jenny5150 on 01/14/06 20:32 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I LOVE IT! It's comfortable to be in whether a driver or passenger (front, rear or 3rd row) and I'm 6'1"! It's not exactly a smooth ride, but I consider this vehicle a truck, not a luxury SUV. My husband I purchased it for it's function (cargo capacity and towing ability.) We bought this truck/suv knowing fully well that the fuel economy would bite. How could you think otherwise? I'm already brokenhearted knowing that Ford will no longer be making the Excursion.

peerless
By boat fancier on 01/07/06 12:13 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

At 107,000 only repair is rear end. Ford indicates no maintenance required - bad idea. 18 mpg summer, 17 winter at 75 mph. Still on original brakes. Harsh ride made up for by large comfortable seats. Excellent visibility. Upright driver position = no backache making 800 mile day quite doable. There is simply no vehicle in which you can carry as much or pull as much so far so cheaply in safety and comfort. Ford also has best am radios.

Safety FIRST
By Twins Dad on 01/05/06 22:29 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I bought this to travel with my newborn twins when they got here. What a great truck. Lots of space for toys and strollers and groceries. Never had a problem in any weather. I like the respect it gets. Known as Godzilla to family and friends. Replaced the front brakes and the exhaust to vented disks and a Banks exhaust. Just the right finishing touches. The gas is a drag to buy but as I said safety first.

Diesel MPG
By Dan on 12/01/05 19:38 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This vehicle is too big unless you need to tow something heavy. But the good news is that the diesel gets better gas mileage than any of the V8's in the smaller SUV's. I'm getting 17 around town, and 19-20 on the road when I keep the speed down to 60-65. With the price of fuel going ever higher, the fuel savings may someday cancel out the higher acquisition cost of the big engine. Get Michelin tires. They cut the road noise in half.

road locomotive
By mijon on 09/07/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Several trips from Lansing, MI, to Portland, ME nonstop, one driver and one tank of diesel (with a tailwind). Visibility and leather driver seat make driving a pleasure. I weigh 240# and get a backache driving luxury sedans in $40-50k range in half the time. Rock solid diesel never misses a tick at 98000 miles (but would not consider gas). Pulls better than my F350 crew long box diesel because it weighs more. Biggest problem is non support attitude of FMC. No satisfaction on missing rear sway bar, 2002 only. If Toyota or Nissan built a diesel SUV, bye-bye Ford.

2002 excursion limited diesel
By fmrlo on 08/11/05 15:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Amazing fuel mileage for such a huge vehicle - Diesel 7.3L. The ultimate travel vehicle - plenty of space, rear air and rear entertainment - lots of cup holders, very smooth on the hiway. I do not have 4wd.

2002 Excursion
By Old Jer on 06/06/05 13:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

For simple ability to take a large family and pull a big trailer, the Excursion is hard to beat. The vehicle can comfortably seat 9 big people, offering as much space as a larger van and a lot more besides. I found the power to pull a nearly 10,000 loaded trailer along the Alaska Highway both ways a joy. It offers safety from other vehicles, and we have not had stability problems.

Great Ride
By Tkj99 on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

The X can handle anything. Its big and strong and fun to drive.