2002 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
No Problem
By Bob on 09/06/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

What a great truck/suv. Hard to find and there is a reason why. Reliability and ready to roll when needed

Good Kid Hauler
By mustangfever2006a on 04/25/07 13:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very good SUV. Good ride, and nice interior and exterior. 2wd has very smooth ride compared to 4wd.

2002 excursion limited diesel
By fmrlo on 08/11/05 15:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Amazing fuel mileage for such a huge vehicle - Diesel 7.3L. The ultimate travel vehicle - plenty of space, rear air and rear entertainment - lots of cup holders, very smooth on the hiway. I do not have 4wd.

trailer hauler/people mover
By pdy2505 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So far reliable. 1 Firestone failure. Pulls a 9000 trailer very well getting 12-13 mpg. Gets 20 mpg+ without trailer with optional diesel. Will travel over 850 miles per 44 gal tank. Noisy outside but economy makes it worth it. Truck based, ride is harsh on bumps. 3.73 rear axle is right.

Doesn't hold value.
By J T Raesz on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I really love my Excursion. My only complaint is, based on Edmunds, the value of my 2002 is about $5,000.00 less than I owe (after almost 2 years) AND I GOT 0% INTEREST. That is pretty darn bad. Even the dealership where I bought the Excursion was not going to give me pay-off....then they tried to sale me a 2004. Other than holding it's value this truck is awesome. We take it everywhere. I have three growing boys (teens and pre-teens) and we can all fit in the truck very comfortably. It is the ultimate "large family" vehicle. Plus, Ford makes a great diesel engine.

Wow!
By Marcy on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car so far! I bought it used with 52,000 miles. It has the 7.3L Turbo Diesel and it seems that it will continue driving strong for a long time to come. I'm 6 feet tall and this is the car I was meant to drive because of it's comfort, reliability and luxuriousness. I won't want a new car for a very long time! Thanks Ford!

Dont Do iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By big texan on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My excursion is terrible. I have had it 4 months and it has been in shop 11 times. I am trying to get it lemon lawed as we speak. The powerstroke is a great motor ans when it wasnt in the shop performed well but it really hasnt been out of the shop much. Buy the ESV instead. Ford SUCKS!

XXL SUV
By Kelo on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We needed the third row seat and storage space behind it for the baby, dog, and all the gear that goes with them. Drove everything else including the Suburban. Came down to size and options. Love the ride and performance. Drove a Dodge Ram before this and its just as easy to park. If you dont like trucks, get a minivan. This is the XXL SUV. Love it.

Great SUV
By SUV Man on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This Excursion is a great SUV. Runs very good, rides great, and tows anything you have. It does get poorer mileage, but not that bad. A Suburban doesn't come close with it's cheap, rattling interior and poor overall quality.