2002 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Ford SUV
By Mike on 12/01/06 19:40 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Been a Ford fan my whole life; this monster of an SUV has never failed me what so ever. For the size it's got good mpg, and it can have plenty of people in them at once. It can tow just about any thing a truck can as well, which is good for me because I love to go camping in a camper and take my boat places.

EXC
By lj1691 on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Excursion for over 2 years and so far no major problems. I wish I had gotten the beeping bumper because I did back into a pole. That option is well worth it. The only other problem I had is that someone broke into the car on the driver's side. Nothing was taken and since I was not out there I am not sure if the alarm went off or not.

satisfied customer
By smatre on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven my diesel excursion for 71,000 trouble free miles. Used it from around town to towing, etc. I have towed 11,500 lbs from Sebrign, Fl to NC with the cruise on. My wife even drove!! It has been reliable, inexpensive vehicle to own. A little laborious to use to run to the grocery store, but if you are o the highway, it is a great truck. Pluses. Doesn't hydroplane in the WORST rainstorms, Great power 20+ MPG highway Good brakes for a vehicle of this size Handles ANY tagalong trailer you can throw at it. Good seating position drawbacks: Don't rush to get anywhere or you could get into trouble Probably could handle a little better.

Outstanding
By RyanWSM on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice. Can haul 9 people and gear anywhere...mud, snow...no problem. Plenty of HP with the V10. No brainer to pick the Excursion over the suburban.

No Regrets!
By Big E Afficionado on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We recently bought this Big E after many months of contemplation.(We also looked at the Sequoia and the Expedition, but there was no comparison!) After several test drives all over the state, we took the plunge. Now that we own it, we take it everywhere! Other Big E owners wave as we go by, not to mention the respect you get on the road!. Fuel mileage is incredible...16 city and 20 hwy going 65mpg (with hills).The sound of the diesel motor, inside the cabin, under normal driving conditions, is minimal. I would buy this vehicle again,and again, and again!

XLT PREMIUM EXCURSION
By RSCOTT on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy it very much..each fill up gets better mpg..for as big as it is..smaller trucks wish they got the same mpg.. city/fwy...18/21

The Beast
By Inocencio Ramirez on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The Beast is a pleasure to drive. Its a vehicle that demands respect everywhere you go. Other cars move out of the way especially on the highway. I bought the Beast to carry my four kids in. I took a drive to Disneyland as well as Mexico, and it gave me an average of 15 miles a gallon at speeds of 80-85. I bought the 7.3 Liter diesel. No smogging to do and I've been told the engines last a long time.