2002 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Excursion - Still the Best SUV Ever Built
By treadlightly on 01/22/12 17:47 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We bought our Excursion to haul our friends and family around in any weather. There is no other vehicle on the market ever made that has the capability of the Ford Excursion. Ours only seats 8 adults, not like our friends Tahoe that seats 6 adults with a couple of kids squeezed between. Then to top it off it can tow 9600 lbs with 1700 lbs of people and gear. Can't do that in any other vehicle. We used to own a '97 Suburban with the 6.5L diesel. Another great vehicle, but nothing compared to the comfort, options and capabilities of the Super Duty Excursion. NO complaints other then Ford ought to make this model again. Our F250 and F350 diesels were great and very reliable, but we needed space

2002 Excursion: Great truck!
By David D. on 08/02/10 05:40 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I bought this XLT beast with the V10. Well appointed. I have the need for a big SUV because I have 4 kids and travel often. I have a 2009 SUBURBAN LTZ that I keep for special occasions. The Excursion is my utility work horse. There is no comparison to the ride, Chevy is more car like while the Excursion handles like a truck. I like the extra room the Excursion offers and the power plant is far more responsive then the Chevy. Gas MPG averages 13 while the Chevy averages just over 16. The cabin is a bit more quite with no wind shearing, but city driving can be stiff as a result of the solid axles. The truck is well built and when your on the road its obvious that you're the biggest! RESPECT!

Luv My Truck
By Luv My Truck on 09/09/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I love my SUV. I have the Turbo Diesel and I get excellent gas milage. 21 City. When I tow my three horses @ 1200# each plus my 4500# trailer I get less around 15. Still not bad. My kids have plently of room. As my kids are 6'1, 6'2' 5'7'. So I do not know why Edmunds said leg room is bad for taller people. Not so. My truck has lots of pick up and go. When I need to pull out I do and have no problems doing so. I guess if you are a timid driver and think you can not pull out driving this truck then I say don't buy it. As for me...I will keep my Excursion and continue to haul my kids around and my horses to shows etc. It is very comfortable to drive and Its fun to drive.

Diesel is the only way
By Jerry on 03/01/09 11:39 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This SUV with a small investment, as I did, you can produce over 23mpg which is way better that the comparible gas hogs. Fantastic ride and great traction makes it hard to sell mine but the kids are gone. I highly recommend anyone who need a camper puller or a economical kid hauler to seek out this vehicle.

Great Truck
By BBHGUY on 03/30/08 21:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This truck is fantastic. It was used mostly for everyday driving and never had a complaint. When we finally asked it to tow (7000 lbs trailer), it was incredible. We towed through the mountains of West Virgina in July (95F) with the AC on and were able to set the cruise control at 65mph. This is one of the most versatile vehicles ever made.

Excursion all the way
By bubba on 02/21/08 04:15 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

The vehicle drives well. More importantly it has the best fuel economy of any SUV. I get 22MPG HWY and 20MPG towing.

Well pleased
By 2002 excursion on 12/07/07 19:17 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very pleased with this truck. With 4 kids and a dog, the space is well needed and used. I went from a 2000 F- 250 to the Excursion and can still get the same loads in the Excursion if needed.

No Problem
By Bob on 09/06/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

What a great truck/suv. Hard to find and there is a reason why. Reliability and ready to roll when needed

Excursion is awsome
By truckman on 06/12/07 15:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Have seen bad accidents involving Excursions and they have proven incredably safe. The ride is very good even thought it is built on a F-250 frame and it will pull hard with any size tow load. My diesel has over 130k miles on it and most are towing miles and still have had no problems. I'm also impressed with the body's build quality. The only problem I have had is every year I go to Pensacola, Florida and on a 10 or 12 mile stretch of highway 10 the electronics radio, gauges cut out randomly then return to normal, this has happened in the same spot the last four years, it still runs fine and dosent happen anywhere else but I just thought it was funny.

Good Kid Hauler
By mustangfever2006a on 04/25/07 13:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very good SUV. Good ride, and nice interior and exterior. 2wd has very smooth ride compared to 4wd.